Well I got myself a new model vaquero ss .357 !

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Well I got myself a new model vaquero ss .357 !

Post by akuser47 »

Well Had a sales flyer I couldn't pass up so I made the trip to shelby Ohio(Sportsmans Den) and picked up a brandy new RUGER VAQUERO .357SS 4" 5/8th barrel she is nice cannot wait to get my holster rig ordered and my new grips I am thinking of somthing custom made with unique to me design in the grip. The 3:10 to huma hand of God has been done into overkill like the punisher logo on 1911's though I love both I want somthing only I will have. Funds will dictate what I can and will do right now I spent all my allowance :mrgreen: This is my .357 mag gun assortmant so far. .45LC coming soon in my next lever and then a revolver to match. As for now though will be stripping the revolver down and ordering springs and polishing internals to get her where I want her.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Well I got myself a new model vaquero ss .357 !

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice!
Michael
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Really excellent guns and you should be very happy with it. Now that you have a the pistol and rifle for CAS shooting you ought to give it a try. I've been shooting in a group in Shelbyville Kentucky with a NCOWS group, starting my second year now. Here is my groups web site http://www.jcrangers.com/ check out some of the pictures and video. Now below is a picture of part of my rig showing the holster a member named Cliff Fendley made for me making it 100% from the 1880 period. The holster show is the one that fits the 5.5" or 4.75" barrel guns and I've since had him make another for me for a 7.5" barrel gun shown below that picture. My guns are Uberti/Cimarron 1873 SAA in 45 Colt. My 92 is also in 45 Colt. If you view the pictures at JCR site I'm the one with the patch on my left eye. The Rugers are very popular with them. :mrgreen:
DSCN2943.jpg
IMG_0232_sm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice rig you have there i am hoping I can get my club into this so we can form up somthing as well. Looks like fun this is the rig I am thinking of hanging my new wheel gun in. I love the stag grips I almost got a uberti case colored .45LC today but decided to stick with the caliber I had in the rifle and reloading components for. .45LC soon I know I want to load up some B.P. .45LC for some smoky fun. what holster belt rig is yours? http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/r ... x?a=862755
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

akuser47 wrote:Nice rig you have there i am hoping I can get my club into this so we can form up somthing as well. Looks like fun this is the rig I am thinking of hanging my new wheel gun in. I love the stag grips I almost got a uberti case colored .45LC today but decided to stick with the caliber I had in the rifle and reloading components for. .45LC soon I know I want to load up some B.P. .45LC for some smoky fun. what holster belt rig is yours? http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/r ... x?a=862755
I got this from a guy in my NCOWS group Cliff Fendley. He is very reasonable on his prices since each are custom made by hand. In my case I wanted a holster from the 1880 style which he even matched the pattern from the book Packin Iron the bible of period correct holsters. Dye is walnut which he makes himself, all hand stitched with linen waxed tread as well as his buckles and rivets. His site is http://www.fendleyknives.com/Cheyenne.htm and he also makes a pretty nice knife too. So far my rig I've added a 7.5" holster, 5.5/4.5 holster and a sheath for a 10" Kentucky Bowie knife (narrower blade than a traditional Bowie).
Joe
msmiller

Post by msmiller »

What a nice pistol, I wish I could also have such kind of stuff.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

In time all good things are possible. It has taken me a long time and know alot of people and being great in trade to get the toys I have. I have saved 10 a month to save up towards guns before whatever it takes to get them within reason 8-) Eevn with reloading I still have trouble affording the diet of all my toys so many are put away till someday I can afford to shoot them again. So I favor bolt guns, and rimfires, leverguns, and single actions less ammo cost but still fun. I need to practice more with my G26 my main carry gun I don't practice enough with it as I should.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Well I think it is time to upgrade my grips on my six shooter and budget is an issue I have been looking at altomont grips they seem to have the best prices I like black pearl but also like their rosewood grips as well anyone here have any experience with altomont I like the rep eagle has and their black pearl grips but they cost more than double the altomot black pearl? What have you bought and how was it?here is eagles altomonts do not have a pic of their black pearl grips I think their is 44 dollars compared to eagles $99
http://www.eaglegrips.com/guns/Ultra-Im ... quero.html
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Well I ended up getting some grips I ordered today on ebay by bearpaw I am now waiting for them and will post the before and after pics once it is here. Here is a link too the grips I bought Let me know what you think and if anyone has them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321036543528?ss ... 1497.l2649
Just Dave

Post by Just Dave »

Wow, those are going to look nice on your Vaquero. I have a set of Birdseye Maple grips on my Blackhawk that I got from a different guy on e-bay. Mine were a lot cheaper but not as nice as those you bought.