One of my bucket list rifles!

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: One of my bucket list rifles!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ranch Dog wrote:Is the Redfield IER base for the rifles without the rib?
Figured out the answer. What Redfield rings do you need to use. I also see that it does require a bit of gunsmithing to drill and tap two holes. What Redfield rings does it take?

The 6.5mm Rem Mag still has a cult following here in South Texas. I've thought about it often but locally they sell pretty steep.
Michael
DennisH

Post by DennisH »

I found on Gunbroker.com a original Redfield IER scope mount. It is listed as a JR. Redfield Remington 600 IER W/Open sight part no 60010 and I just got a set of low rings off midway. It is for the rib and mounts in the existing holes.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Well heck I will keep looking. I found one a Redfield IER mount for the 600 but it requires additional holes to be drilled. Not sure what the last two digits on the product are but I will ask. It doesn't have the open sight either.
Michael
DennisH

Post by DennisH »

Here is the sight mount. It has all the holes perfect. I'm just missing the one screw. I had to take off the front open sight because the scope just rubbed on it. Someday I can get a thinner scope but for now its fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DennisH

Post by DennisH »

There is a redfield ier mount like mine on gunbroker for 30$ under Remington 600. It was there yesterday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

DennisH wrote:There is a redfield ier mount like mine on gunbroker for 30$ under Remington 600. It was there yesterday.
Thanks! I got it! I'm surprised that GB didn't send me a notification, I've had that happen before.

It's missing the mount screws so I'm going to need to come up with them. The first thought is just to try the screws that mount the Weaver base.

I have birthday pricing through MidwayUSA until the end of the month so I have the Weaver K4 Classic Scout in my shopping cart but unfortunately, they don't have the Redfield 1" low rings in the Matte finish. Always something it seems!
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I was thinking about just ordering the medium rings but looking at a rifle that has the mount on Gunbroker I think I most definitely need the low rings.
Michael
DennisH

Post by DennisH »

The rings I got are the weaver Grand Slam Low from Midway. The Problem was my cheap NcStar 2x7 scope had too big of an adjusting ring and it rubbed on the base . I had to file a little on the adjusting ring to get it to fit. But I finally found a Lepould 2x ier scope which should fit fine.
The screws just Look like 6x48 and I was missing one but had some in a box and found one the right length.
I never had that type of mount base before but I like it and it seems pretty solid . I was actually trying to make a copy of Cooper's first scout rifle but I wouldn't cut off the rib. It is growing on me.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Interesting about the rings, I would have preferred to use the Weaver but I thought you had to use the Redfield.
Michael
DennisH

Post by DennisH »

Yes they fit good. I wasn't sure but they did . I like this setup. It gives a cleaner look than a rail type. It is heaver. Now I want to work up some 308 125 gn Nosler ballistic tip load for deer season. Only have 3 weeks left. I made some 150 gn SP at 2700 FPS. They really kick out of a lite rifle like the 600. Your .350 must really kick?