Bersa Thunder Pro

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Bersa Thunder Pro

Post by Jaybm »

Hadn't fired the .40 Bersa in awhile so I took it with me to the range today.
I've always enjoyed shooting the Bersa and today was no exception.

At first I thought it was a lark to shoot at the 8 in. target even as close as
ten yards. I had a mixed bag of Rainier copper plated HP and RFN, the HP
first and they went where I aimed.

RFN went low ??? I'll have to weight some of these bullets cause I really don't remember what they
are.

But based on these results I think the Bersa will be replacing the current "bedstand" revolver. Don't
think I have a photo of the Bersa handy. Nope... Jim
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Bersa Thunder Pro

Post by akuser47 »

Nice
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

I don't have one, but a friend does and he likes it a lot. Looks like yours shoots good. The only Bersa I ever owned was a .22. Wish I would have kept it - nice little gun.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Maximumbob54 »

Bersa used to be a budget busting blaster. I guess they still are but they sure have jumped in price. Years back I pined for a Sig P230 but just never saved up the money. A buddy had the Bersa Thunder .380 which is more of a PPK clone I think or closer at least than the Sig. Anyways he let me shoot his Bersa and I took my Sig money the next day and bought this:

The big ILS in the side bugs me but the gun has never stuttered even once. I mainly used to blast cheap ball .380 (remember when that stuff was cheap and undesirable???) but I've ran a few of the mainstream HP brands though it and it's never choked on a single one. I did disable the mag safety which was pretty easy. I would have no issue carrying it and depending on it. I will add that it's far more pleasure to shoot than any of the modern poly frame micro .380 pistols.
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by donhuff »

Hey Bob,

One of my sons has the same exact gun. I never cared much for a 380 because the ones I had shot before, were plastic framed. I didn't think getting a small caliber and light gun made a lot of sence to own, if it kicked and hurt my hand worse than a regular sized 9mm. But the bersa's all steel construction and larger size made it easier to shoot.

I threw together a few loads for him to try, and most were so-so, bout like the factory stuff, then he tried 100g berry plated ahead of 2.7g of tightgroup. A whole mag full went into one large hole, off hand at around 7-10 yards. He looked at me and said "wright down the specks for that load, it's a keeper".
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Moon Tree »

My friend took a deer with his Bersa .380....well sort of.
He was walking his farm with his Brittany Spaniel, Trip, a few days after modern gun season. Trip jumped a deer and chased it. He usually just chases them for maybe 50 yards then comes back. My friend couldn't see Trip, but heard a major fight going on. When my friend could see the fight, the 5 pt buck was trying to gorge Trip. He quickly ran to his dog, not wanting Trip to be hurt. The buck saw him and turned to escape. Trip is a BIG Brittany of 45 to 50 pounds. Trip knocked over the deer. It was obvious it had a serious wound to the shoulder. My friend put a .380 slug in it's head. He later did a European mount of the skull to hang with our other trophies at the cabin. This one has Trip's name on the plague.

I bought a Thunder .22 soon after that, as a "carry around the farm gun." I'm not very impressed with it. But, then, again, I might be comparing it too much to my Ruger Mark II. The trigger pull on Thunder .22 is long, stiff and doesn't break real smoothly. At 25 feet I shoot about a 3" group. I was hoping for a 3" group out to 25 yards. I'm probably just expecting too much from this little gun OR I just need to practice with it more. :)
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.