Hi Point C9

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
massmanute
Founding Member
Founding Member

Hi Point C9

Post by massmanute »

No laughing now! I just bought one. Any other Hi Point users out there who are courageous enough to admit it?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi Point C9

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've seen guys use them at Front Sight on a training weekend. 800 to 1000 rounds over four days without issue.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I have had the 992 carbine since it came out and love it very accurate reliable gun. It is ugly but very accurate ergonomics are nice though she shoulders very nice and with red dot she is plenty deadly at 100yards for small varmints. My CCW instructer has tactical pistol courses that he has taken first place in and second many times 4 that I saw the trophies for. He used a hipoint 9 pistol and his competitors always underestimated it and him he used it till springfirld sponsered him. So now he is a huge XD pistol shooter He now has a family and does CCW couses and tactical pistol training and tactical rifle courses. No matter what you have practice so that you can use it when you need it.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
morayman

Post by morayman »

My son and I have between us two C-9's a 45 and a 995 TS so I guess you could say were pretty familiar with Hi Points.My son is a very good shot with the 45 and he gets a kick out of shooting it against people that put them down out at our range,he usually makes believers out of them! I'm not as good a shot with the 9's,but I don't shoot them as much,and they will do the job I ask of them,even with me shooting them.The 995 TS is just a blast to shoot and is very accurate,just bring lots of ammo because you won't want to put it down! morayman...........
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized
nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police
more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
--Adolf Hitler, 1935.
Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I've been told the mags are the weakest link in all the Hi Points. Test them all first thing for reliable function as they are the root of most of the problems people bash a Hi Point. If they run fine then groovy, if not then contact them for the warranty coverage.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

as long as you are useing hipoint mags you should be GTG all aftermarket mags are hit n miss and as stated must be tested to verify reliablility.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

morayman wrote:My son and I have between us two C-9's a 45 and a 995 TS so I guess you could say were pretty familiar with Hi Points.My son is a very good shot with the 45 and he gets a kick out of shooting it against people that put them down out at our range,he usually makes believers out of them! I'm not as good a shot with the 9's,but I don't shoot them as much,and they will do the job I ask of them,even with me shooting them.The 995 TS is just a blast to shoot and is very accurate,just bring lots of ammo because you won't want to put it down! morayman...........

I have the same experience with my AK, while shooting amongst AR folks! They usually get frustrated when they see my target using "Commie junk" next to their tacticool AR and all the crap they have hanging on it!

I have a friend who fits in that category and his AR, he laughed at me then I took his AR and punched paper better than him and certainly did so better with my "Commie gun"....it is all about the driver and not the car sometimes!
I am in the market for a 40s&w carbine and the Hi Point is an option I have been looking into!
kalboy

Post by kalboy »

I've owned several of both pistols and the carbines. Reliability was never an issue, with any of them and maybe 50 or so different magazines. I never had to tweak or adjust a HP mag .I had no problem getting several hundred rds w/o a single failure , one C9 I owned chalked up over a thousand 0 jam rds before I sold it.
I don't think the guns are as long term, many thousands of rds durable as more expensive , better made guns, but HP does have a lifetime warranty that is very well serviced .
saltydog13

Post by saltydog13 »

Yeah, I have a couple of HP firearms. Both in 40 S & W. The carbine and the pistol. Both have been amazingly accurate and reliable. I did have to tweek the lips of a couple of the mags, but other than that they kick butt. The only thing I don't like is field stripping them. Way too many steps, but at least one doesn't have to do it as often. Sort of AK like.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

The Just Right carbines have been selling pretty good out here on the left coast.
I'm not yet convinced I'd want one in .40 S&W. The 9mm seems to work better. I haven't seen the rumored .45 ACP version.