I got tired of the mag disconnect in my MARK III!

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Fullthrottle

Re: I got tired of the mag disconnect in my MARK III!

Post by Fullthrottle »

OK, so on Sunday, not having the replacement bushing that you did, I took my 22/45 apart and realized the part of the mag disconnect that provides that very function, just needs to be modified.

I ground down the mag disconnect flush then used a needle file for final metal work and reinstalled. No more mag disconnect= No more stupid insert and removal of mag to take the pistol apart!

Worked like a charm!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

This is tru you do not have to have the bushing to remove it. The bushing just helps with better trigger pull pluss eleminates the mag disconnect. Good work.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

Thanks AK, I just see a need to be self sufficient some times. Not that I couldn't buy the bushing...but could I do with out it and still tread on!

I like to push myself that direction!

On the other hand, how does the bushing do anything for the trigger pull? The bushing is (from what I can see and have read) nothing more than a replacement of the mag disconnect! If that is true, what is the point!

It simply replaces the existing bushing but lacks the mag disconnect feature!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

The bushing if you get one like bams bushing is precision machined and should be a press or at least alot tighter than factory bushing fit into the hammer it really cleans up the trigger slop at least it did on mine. As you have found though there are many noptions to gain by just cleaning up and polishing components. I decided to do the bushing after reading so many accounts of it's use over on rimfirecentral.com. Not advertising products just linking because easier to read it.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... er+bushing
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

Thanks for the info! I will look further into the bushing. In the mean time I am happy to have the stupid mag disconnect removed!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I'm adding a Volquartsen Target Sear next, another cheap but hugly effective part. I am excited now if I can only get some time to the range. I havent even started my fall bass fishing yet.
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

akuser47 wrote:I'm adding a Volquartsen Target Sear next, another cheap but hugly effective part. I am excited now if I can only get some time to the range. I havent even started my fall bass fishing yet.

I hear ya on having time for things you enjoy! Today the wife left with the little one so I could have some much needed time for me! I had a hard time deciding weather to spend it on reloading or burning gas in the bike, today I felt I really needed the alone time on two wheels to clear my head!

I am damn glad I did choose burning some gas! I really needed that.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Right on nothing better then kicking my boot heels up in the breeze. I love the fall riding season, nothing better then that. When I'm done I feel like I have had a short vacation. Hard to spread free time between all the toys/hobbies. +1