Darn my new model New Model Vaquero!

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Darn my new model New Model Vaquero!

Post by akuser47 »

I went shooting today, with my new model vaquero and around 16 rounds fired it would no longer shoot. I relized very fast that the transfer bar had broken off and was on top of my shooting hand. So all gun makes even ruger have issues I will be contacting them tommorrow and hopefully they will send me the part free of cost as I do not want to have to send it to them for somthing I can do myself. I will keep updates to my progress in this thread.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Darn my new model New Model Vaquero!

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I've not read good results of Ruger sending parts. I will cross my fingers for you but I think they are going to have you send it to them.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I am worried about that as well if not brownells has a backorder for the transfer bar part#41 so I will place an order for two of them so when they get them in I will be set for a while.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good luck, keep us posted.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Well brownells is not expecting the part for undefined timeline and ruger CS is a computer that says due to unexpected call volume they ask that I try to call back at a later date. WHAT! RUGER not you too. :cry: I will continue to try and contact them as to try and buy the part I tried ruger.com store they suggested in the automated answering listed for me and they only sell accesseries not parts :evil: I wish an aftermarket person made this part. I will have to shelve this gun for a while I guess I will go back to my 7 shot SW nightgaurd to tame my 357 needs.
So now I will carry and shot more the SW at the top of pic instead of my fav. S.A.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Man, sorry to hear this.

I just had to send my Taurus 25PLY back to TaurusUSA as I was experiencing light primer strikes. In that I have owned it beyond a year, I had to pay for the overnight shipping ($74) to Miami and did that on Wednesday the 24th. I received the 25PLY back yesterday! Taurus found issue with and replaced the trigger bar, slide, firing pin spring, and firing pin. None of these parts are available for sale. I think most manufacturers seem to be moving away from selling parts. Considering two days in transit and a weekend, they had the pistol two workdays! I'm not sure why it had problems but at least I can get back to my shooting.

I could have taken it to my FFL to reduce the cost of shipping but it must come back to the FFL if you do that. The guy I work with is a 70 mile round trip drive and by the time I do it twice, well is it really worth saving $20 bucks. Taurus picks up the shipping back to you.

I used the TaurusUSA website link to fill out a formatted service request that you package with the firearm and then bought and printed a shipping label from the FEDEX website. My dad dropped the package in the FEDEX box in town. Never talked to no one but that suited me just fine.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I called Brownells today to see if they had an ETA on the transfer bars and they don't yet. I will probably just keep checking them and keep calling Ruger until one or the other pans out I am not mad just sad as this is my fav. handgun at the moment. Maybe I will start feeling love for my S&W night gaurd again. I will still keep shooting My .38special loads and .357 mag.
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by ironhead7544 »

Take the part to a gunsmith and he may be able to fix it. Had one welded up and it worked fine.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

It broke at a very thin point I will have to check into that but I am doubtful it will be weld worthy. Though I will not need to worry I have a new transfer bar on it's way +guns I called Ruger second time today and I got a person and she was so pleasant I am very happy to have actaully experienced good C.S. once in a while. It is in the mail today. free of cost! +guns I love it I am so pleased I greatly await the task of the tear down and replacment of this part I have done it once to debur and ssmooth it to even out the trigger pull that was gritty. I will report back to what I find if they send the correct one The rep wasn't sure I told her no worries I have the part # you need and she was relieved by this LoL. So it should be thhe correct one. +corn
Deleted User 547

Post by Deleted User 547 »

Glad to hear it worked out. And for free.