Taurus Tang Sight

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
scottz

Re: Taurus Tang Sight

Post by scottz »

Hopefully what the receive is more than the number currently waiting. It would be nice to get it that soon.
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by ironhead7544 »

UPDATE: Took the 92 to the range today. Decided to keep the stock irons on and use the tang sight for a diopter. This allows bad eyes to focus on the sights with a clear sight picture. Worked great for that. Shot two nice groups at 50 yard, one about 3/4 inch and the other one hole about 1/2 inch wide. This was off a benchrest I have been using for many years with factory Winchester 240 gr soft point. Decided to stop there as windage was about 1 inch off but elevation was 8 inches high with the rear sight all the way down. The groups were 3 shots on different targets. Putting the two targets together did not enlarge the group. I was impressed. I had measured the trigger pull at 4 lbs 10 oz which is good for an out of box rifle, also was crisp. Need a higher front sight for the stock rear sight to match.

I cant recommend the sight for a 44 Magnum or heavier loads. Kept flopping to the front when fired with full power loads. I think it could be improved with a better locking arrangement but dont see any way to modify it. Taurus could do it easily by changing one part just a little bit. To be fair it is made for a 22lr. Might work with cowboy loads in centerfire rifles.

Im thinking I may go with the Steves Gunz bolt peep sight. Looks sturdy.

Marbles would also be good but they are costly.
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

ironhead7544 wrote:UPDATE: Took the 92 to the range today. Decided to keep the stock irons on and use the tang sight for a diopter. This allows bad eyes to focus on the sights with a clear sight picture. Worked great for that. Shot two nice groups at 50 yard, one about 3/4 inch and the other one hole about 1/2 inch wide. This was off a benchrest I have been using for many years with factory Winchester 240 gr soft point. Decided to stop there as windage was about 1 inch off but elevation was 8 inches high with the rear sight all the way down. The groups were 3 shots on different targets. Putting the two targets together did not enlarge the group. I was impressed. I had measured the trigger pull at 4 lbs 10 oz which is good for an out of box rifle, also was crisp. Need a higher front sight for the stock rear sight to match.

I cant recommend the sight for a 44 Magnum or heavier loads. Kept flopping to the front when fired with full power loads. I think it could be improved with a better locking arrangement but dont see any way to modify it. Taurus could do it easily by changing one part just a little bit. To be fair it is made for a 22lr. Might work with cowboy loads in centerfire rifles.

Im thinking I may go with the Steves Gunz bolt peep sight. Looks sturdy.

Marbles would also be good but they are costly.
Ironhead, I found on Brownells an improved Marbles tang base that according to the Marbles chart will fit the 92 Rossi for $49 on sale (marked down from around $80) and on Midway the short range riser for the base is on sale for $32, that would get you a Marbles with mounting screws for under $90 in case you are interested.. Can't wait for it to come in!

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!