SightMark bore sighter

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
phonejack

SightMark bore sighter

Post by phonejack »

Last fall I realized the bead had fallen off the front sight of my R92. I put off replacing it. Monday, at my gun club a member showed me his Marlin with a tang rear and globe front sight. That, folks was nice ! So, last night I ordered a tang rear and globe front from Stevesgunz. I thought about the guess work involved in pushing the front sight to the correct point and then finalizing at the range. Probably a lot of wasted ammo. So, I looked on the Internet for bore sighters for iron sights. I decided on the sightMark brand and bought one today. I have two levers with irons. A Winchester and a Henry. Some people talk about how if you rotate the tool it will travel in a circle. That's true. I incerted it into both rifles with the name label on top, dead center. At 20 yards the laser intersected the the sights dead center. That will be good enough for me and I can finalize at the range. Now, patiently waiting on the sights to arrive
GasGuzzler

Re: SightMark bore sighter

Post by GasGuzzler »

I have one. I usually try it in 90 degree increments. I usually only use it for rimfires.

To be honest, the best ones are the cartridge types that insert into the chamber. I have one for 7.62X39 and 5.56X45. It is imperative to get a name brand though.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.