Replacement sights. Man am I confused.

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
Accadacca

Replacement sights. Man am I confused.

Post by Accadacca »

I have two 92 carbines that I want to replace the front and rear sights on. One of them has a barrel band sight so I will need to have a dovetail cut for that. I'm starting to think that is going to be the simplest part of the whole process.
I want to order the marbles flat top rear sights, and probably the fiber optic front sights but I'm really having a very difficult time trying to find out whether the sights will even fit properly. I don't have a problem with filing them down if they are oversized, but I keep getting the the impression that they will actually be too small and I really do not want to deal with J-B Weld and a bunch of other crap trying to get my sights to fit. And on top of that I found this picture in another thread on this forum, where in the sight apparently fits the dovetail perfectly, but there is an unsightly gap between the bottom of the sight and the barrel. Is there any way to fix that, again without dealing with J-B Weld or actual welding?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"... in this present crisis, government is not the solution to the problem: government IS the problem." Ronald Reagan
Accadacca

Re: Replacement sights. Man am I confused.

Post by Accadacca »

It also doesnt help that almost all the discussion, videos, threads and so forth I have been able to find are about either a tang sight or a sight to replace the safety button. There seems to be relatively little information about traditional barrel-mounted sights.
"... in this present crisis, government is not the solution to the problem: government IS the problem." Ronald Reagan
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Replacement sights. Man am I confused.

Post by akuser47 »

It's came up a bit here. That is the unstandard dovetail cutouts on a Rossi. It take ingenuity in some cases to mount a aftermarket sight in a usable way. Keep us posted to what you find so your success will help others. +corn sorry I'm no help on this issue.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!