m92 bolt disassembly?

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
Quinc
Founding Member
Founding Member

m92 bolt disassembly?

Post by Quinc »

Anyone ever take all the pins and springs out of the bolt? I want to get my bolt Micro Slicked (permanent dry lube they use on car engine parts) but I am not sure if I can get the bolt completely apart and back together without issues?
"Everyone has a plan tell they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
picofarads

Re: m92 bolt disassembly?

Post by picofarads »

I took the bolt apart on my 44 mag 92 and it wasn't hard. Once the bolt is out and you haven't lost the ejector, ejector spring or collar you are golden. Putting it back together isn't too bad either if you use a
spent shell casing to hold the extractor in place. There is a pin that holds the firing pin in place and another that holds the extractor in place. The pin for both are easily driven out. Putting the extractor back on isn't easy. It is spring loaded so you will have to compress it to line up the pin hole and it will want to slide toward the face of the bolt. I pushed the face of the bolt onto my work bench and used a small c-clamp to compress the extractor flat onto the top of the bolt (use a piece of cloth or something so you don't mar the bolt or extractor). That's pretty much it. Take your time and make sure you don't lose anything and it's not too bad. Well worth the effort. I slicked up my Rossi with the new spring kit, smoothed out the rough edges on the moving parts and put a light touch of white lithium grease inside the receiver and it operates
smooth as butter. Fun project and makes a very enjoyable weapon to shoot when it's complete. Good luck.
Quinc
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Quinc »

I have taken the bolt out before. What I am wanting to do is take the bolt out and then disassemble the bolt. Have you done that by chance?
"Everyone has a plan tell they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

There are only a few main parts to the bolt assembly the extractor on top and the firing pin inside and the ejector, ejector spring and it's bushing that always go flying if you are not careful during disassembly. once you have it broke down and have not lost the ejector, ejector spring and bushing put them up so you know where they are then slide the bolt back into the gun only enough to hold it to punch out the drift pins for the extractor and firing pin from left to right careful not to loose the drift pins they are small. this is as far as it breaks down then you can coat or chemically treat it however you wish. I hope this helps Kepp us up to date with your results always interesting to hear of new ideas.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!