.445 Super Mag Conversion?

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: .445 Super Mag Conversion?

Post by pricedo »

BigIron44 wrote:I looked at Chiappa and they do have a lot going for them, stainless was important to me though and it doesn't look like Chiappa offers 92's in stainless. They've got the Alaskan but honestly I'm more worried about having a chrome lined bore than anything else plus the octagon barrel adds a lot of weight... my R92's only 5lbs! I've only got 25rds through my Rossi but I do like it, I just want to make it purdier. ;)
I put a lot of work into my Rossi rifles and don't care if the wood is Brazilian mystery wood, birch or walnut as long as the gun is reliable and accurate enough to do what I bought them for which is hunting game animals and not bench rest or cowboy shooting or looking pretty.
My Amadeo Rossis cost me on average about $400 and for that I gotta lotta bang for the buck.
My reasons for buying the Amadeo Rossis is that they were functional and cheap seasoned with a bit of nostalgia cause I watched Chuck Connors in " The Rifleman" and Steve McQueen in "Wanted Dead or Alive" religiously when I was a kid in the 50s and 60s.
The prices of the new Braztech 92s are getting up there and I hope the quality is keeping pace with the increasing prices.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
pricedo wrote:The Navy Arms 92 was almost double the price of the generic Amadeo Rossi 92s and double the quality.
Did Rossi actually finish these firearms or did Gibbs (???) or another outfit disassemble them and start over?

All grammar and spelling errors courtesy of my DROIDX and Tapatalk!
First I heard of any other company finishing the Navy Arms 92s.
Please elaborate.
I just know mine looked and shot good right out of the box.
Sorry I sold it but one of my friends spotted it, liked it and paid my price and the rest as they say is history.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:First I heard of any other company finishing the Navy Arms 92s.
Please elaborate.
I was asking...
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
pricedo wrote:First I heard of any other company finishing the Navy Arms 92s.
Please elaborate.
I was asking...
If another company finished the Navy Arms Rossis it was unknown to me at the time I owned mine.
I can't see that as being a particularly feasible arrangement.
I picked the gun out of the box and it was a looker and a shooter and that was enough for me.......it was a beautiful rifle.
I'm not one for looking an obvious thoroughbred in the mouth.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I have seen this with many navy arms imports they all 6 I have seen and the two I tuned everything fit very nice. No forearm torqueing everything lined up The wood looks better I do not think it makes them better I think and only am thinking here maybe they were taking their time back then when making them and did better work then what the push into the cargo ships these days mass production over qaulity :cry: Who truely knows
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

akuser47 wrote:I have seen this with many navy arms imports they all 6 I have seen and the two I tuned everything fit very nice. No forearm torqueing everything lined up The wood looks better I do not think it makes them better I think and only am thinking here maybe they were taking their time back then when making them and did better work then what the push into the cargo ships these days mass production over qaulity :cry: Who truely knows
Who truly knows?.......we do when we take the gun apart and try and reassemble it or when the stock splits for no apparent reason as happens in many of the 92s.
If you are encountering reassembly problems with new guns and the band bolts don't fit Braztech is still cutting corners with fitting and finishing .........but the prices are still going up :x :x .
The proof is in the pudding as they say.
The reason everything fit and lined up in the Navy Arms guns is that during manufacturing Rossi took the time to properly fit and finish the wood to fit the metal instead of throwing the forearm in a vice and torquing it until the band bolt fit through and engaged the opposite threads.
On an assembly line time is $big money$ and the run of the mill branded Rossis get "Krazy Glued" and "torqued" instead of taking the additional time to properly install the scope base and fit the wood to the metal in the forearm.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

pricedo wrote:
akuser47 wrote:I have seen this with many navy arms imports they all 6 I have seen and the two I tuned everything fit very nice. No forearm torqueing everything lined up The wood looks better I do not think it makes them better I think and only am thinking here maybe they were taking their time back then when making them and did better work then what the push into the cargo ships these days mass production over qaulity :cry: Who truely knows
Who truly knows?.......we do when we take the gun apart and try and reassemble it or when the stock splits for no apparent reason as happens in many of the 92s.
If you are encountering reassembly problems with new guns and the band bolts don't fit Braztech is still cutting corners with fitting and finishing .........but the prices are still going up :x :x .
The proof is in the pudding as they say.
The reason everything fit and lined up in the Navy Arms guns is that during manufacturing Rossi took the time to properly fit and finish the wood to fit the metal instead of throwing the forearm in a vice and torquing it until the band bolt fit through and engaged the opposite threads.
On an assembly line time is $big money$ and the run of the mill branded Rossis get "Krazy Glued" and "torqued" instead of taking the additional time to properly install the scope base and fit the wood to the metal in the forearm.
Well put I agree 100% as you say we are the true Q.C. for these weapons.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!