'92 failure to feed

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
canon6

'92 failure to feed

Post by canon6 »

A new to me (357) would not feed ,the cartridge would be jammed into the bottom of the barrel.It looked like the guides we not allowing the cartridge to rise up far enough.
Taking a hint from another post I loosened up the screws on the right and left side of the action and it worked.
Now for my question ,after I tear it down , am I correct in thinking that I need to polish/remove small amount of materials from the outside of the guides???? In a remove/polish, fit, try etc.Thanks, Doug
A armed man is his own master.
Paraord

Re: '92 failure to feed

Post by Paraord »

Hey Doug,

Check out my "Lever Woes" thread in the 92 section. Could be the same. With nothing in the gun and moving the lever forward does it take excessive force to lift the carrier? Like it just feels stuck and slow? Not sure if its the same issue but take a look at my pictures vs your lever. Might be a similar issue.
Andrew -M92 44 Mag 20" Oct Barrel with just about every possible problem fixed-Western NY-
btoran

Post by btoran »

if loosening the screw fixes it, take a little bit off the end of the screw and tighten it back up. several of us have done it. if there is anything else wrong, then you may want to tear it all down and do a complete action job.
Bruce

Rossi R92 16" SS .357
Lee Classic Turret Press

Don't eat anything bigger than your head!
canon6

Post by canon6 »

Thanks for the reply's I will give both a look.Doug
canon6

Post by canon6 »

Just got a chance to revisit my'92,failure to feed. The culprit was the bolt pin stop screw,binding .Loosed it up and she feeds like a champ.So I am going to do a complete take down and fluff and buff all of the internals.Thanks for the assistance,Doug