Ejector Problem

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
Bill West

Ejector Problem

Post by Bill West »

I got Steve's DVD and parts kit and worked on my .357 Rossie 92 a couple of weeks ago. It made a big difference. I took it apart today to do some more work and I can't get the ejector back in the bolt. The ejector is about 1/16" from being flush with the bolt face. It feels like a hard stop. If I put the ejector in without the spring bushing, with or without the the spring, it will fit flush. As is, I can't use Steve's method with a dummy cartridge to put the bolt in because the cartridge doesn't line up with the barrel. Any tips on what I am doing wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks, Bill
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ejector Problem

Post by Ranch Dog »

Pictures might really help. Has the "shank" on the ejector been bent? Can you compress the ejector with something like a punch?

What I would suggest is that you try to smooth up all the edges with small jeweler type files. Maybe some debris causes a burr or other marking that is causing the various parts to drag together.
Michael
Bill West

Post by Bill West »

The problem was that I had worked on it once, thought that meant I knew what I was doing, and forgot to use the lever to line up the parts even though that is in Steve's DVD.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

So it's fixed?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.