my first teardown and rebuild - 16" Rossi 92 .357

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
alphalimafoxtrot

my first teardown and rebuild - 16" Rossi 92 .357

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Rossi 92 .357.jpg
Well,

I am glad to have found this web site as well as several others out there dedicated to the Rossi guns - as a result of all the info, I had a good time today reassembling my .357 carbine Rossi after a complete (down to the cartridge guides!) teardown....

Best of all, the Amazon Prime delivery dude came this afternoon with a pair of snap caps - 6 of the .38's and 6 of the .357's - for my Ruger SS and my Rossi 92. Cool deal! Especially since I hate going to the store during Christmas season...

Now, I'm going to be tearing the Rossi apart after I return from the Christmas travels and get into some 600-grit polishing work and so on to get this puppy slicked up. At some point, I'm going to be accumulating a set of various springs to swap too. Fun times ahead - can't wait to play with my new .357 carbine/DA pistol combo this winter!

Take care
Adam
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: my first teardown and rebuild - 16" Rossi 92 .357

Post by Jaybm »

Getting a little brisk for a range trip unless you have an indoor range handy.
Our DNR range will shut down for the Christmas Holidays and reopen on the
5th Of Jan. I'll probably hibernate till spring.

Keep us posted and pics are always welcome ... Jim
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice looking rifle!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Looks good take your time, and keep us posted to what you find.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
alphalimafoxtrot

Jaybm wrote:Getting a little brisk for a range trip unless you have an indoor range handy.
Our DNR range will shut down for the Christmas Holidays and reopen on the
5th Of Jan. I'll probably hibernate till spring.

Keep us posted and pics are always welcome ... Jim
Thanks, Jim -

and to answer the indoor range issue - yes, we have plenty to choose from in VA. going to be fun!

take care
Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
alphalimafoxtrot

Ranch Dog wrote:Very nice looking rifle!
I have meant to get back and say not only thanks - but I have also been appreciating the many other helpful "how to's" and DIY's that you've posted. Seems like every time I have another "wonder how this is supposed to work..." type question you made a post about it!

Anyway, I am looking at my .357 92's barrel band/retaining screw fit and will review your post about how to relieve the stress on that particular part.

BTW, even with all the stuff we have to do to our brand-new Rossi's - I really love these lever guns!
Also - just ordered the Uncle Mike's split band sling swivel set for my carbine - even though I would like to replicate a different setup eventually, I just can't live without a sling!!

Adam