Gunslinger Spring Kit Installation Revisited

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Okay Gunslingers, or at least those considering the Gunslinger Spring kit, I've decided to update the information a bit.

The Gunslinger use a very long ejector spring that is tough to install. I started using dental floss to compress the component stack on the ejector for installation. I've changed it a bit to avoid any floss being left behind. It probably does not matter but I want a clean installation. So, here is how I do it combining my idea and the traditional method. I remain completely satisfied with the Gunslinger Spring Kit. Some have commented on the light trigger pull but I love it. All I do is hunt and it has not been an issue for me. It is as good a trigger as that on my Savage Scout rifles.

Here we go...

Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Dang, I did it without the floss. I said bad words.

FYI text in pic 11/16 is missing a word or I simply can't see on my fowng (thanks for allowing TapaTalk).

Shame on me I used a live round...or maybe just a new piece of Starline empty brass.

Pic 13/16 is super helpful to those trying for the first time.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gunslinger Spring Kit Installation Revisited

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the comments and catch!
Michael