R92 Feedway Stoppage ~ Cartridge Guide Replace & Adjust

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
GasGuzzler

Re: R92 Feedway Stoppage ~ Cartridge Guide Replace & Adjust

Post by GasGuzzler »

Yep.

Now if anyone owned a Rossi DA revolver...I could help.

:)
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Excellent example!
pelican

Post by pelican »

Thanks RD. I am having this same issue with my 454 as well. But only with some 360gr GCLFP that have a large meplat. The pic you made with the cartridge hung with the nose in but the head rim hung up under the guides is me. It gives me hope!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pelican wrote:Thanks RD. I am having this same issue with my 454 as well. But only with some 360gr GCLFP that have a large meplat. The pic you made with the cartridge hung with the nose in but the head rim hung up under the guides is me. It gives me hope!
Good to hear it. I think the a chainsaw file and a small flat file can take care of the work but it does take a bit of care and slow changes with lots of assembly. Be patient.
Michael
pelican

Post by pelican »

Thanks again, RD. Where and how do you order parts for your Rossi rifles. I tried to find the year of manufacture for my rifle but the Rossi resource found no info for my serial number.
Thanks again. Merry Christmas.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pelican wrote:Thanks again, RD. Where and how do you order parts for your Rossi rifles. I tried to find the year of manufacture for my rifle but the Rossi resource found no info for my serial number.
Thanks again. Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas to you. You call RossiUSA and order the parts. You need a Braztech rifle's serial number. If you're rifle is one of the previous imports, you can generally find a serial number in the images on Gunbroker or PM, I will give you mine. The serial number needs to match the cartridge wise so you get the right parts.
Michael
flhardcrab81

Post by flhardcrab81 »

I have a Rossi 92 that has same issue have replaced trigger spring ,main spring and ejector spring and smoothed action still has problems feeding any thing if send back to Rossi will they still honor their warranty gun is a month old . I really don't want to get into the rail problem but sure that is what is wrong .Is there any other Smith beside Steve who can fix this .Thanks for any info
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

flhardcrab81 wrote:I have a Rossi 92 that has same issue have replaced trigger spring ,main spring and ejector spring and smoothed action still has problems feeding any thing if send back to Rossi will they still honor their warranty gun is a month old . I really don't want to get into the rail problem but sure that is what is wrong .Is there any other Smith beside Steve who can fix this .Thanks for any info
You would want to check locally for a gunsmith but mind yourself that most are AR part changers nowadays and know nothing about how a levergun works. It is also a huge mistake if they "relieve" the chamber to allow the cartridge in at an angle. It is supposed to be level before it get there!

As far as sending it to Rossi, put the stock parts back before you send it in.
Michael
Catmeat

Post by Catmeat »

Hello guys, just signed up, and wanted to say thanks for the pictures and advice on feed issues with my Rossi 65, 44 mag. I had two problems, 1st cartridge stop didn't release the next bullet and 2nd, the rising shell would bind up unless I used a short round nose bullet. Cartridge stop needed the bottom corner cut back enough so when bolt was closed it was out of the way enough to release next cartridge... Done... then I marked top of guide where back of of cartridge started to bind, and disassembled and removed metal with needle files and buffed with 800 grit towards the rear... done Now I am good to go, thanks again for pics and info. Going to go look for me another one.