Scout scope mount

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
truenorth

Scout scope mount

Post by truenorth »

I saw a while back some came and went quickly. Are there any other sources for a Model 92 Scout Scope Mount?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Scout scope mount

Post by Ranch Dog »

Rossi is the only manufacturer that makes a mount for the R92. RossiUSA is the best source and indicator for other retailers, if they are available.

This is really a spare part issue. A certain portion of their sales is based on the fact that certain rifles are drilled and taped for a scope mount and these parts should be available. The best thing that everyone could do, those looking for them mount, is call RossiUSA and put a mount on order. That is what I would suggest.
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

http://mod94scoperail.com/

Complications are the Pearson mount replaces the takedown screw on the receiver and locks into the dovetail removing the rear sight and Pearson's are roughly 4 times the cost of the Rossi part.
Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Wonder where they're coming from, Rossi themselves, or an aftermarket vendor?

Unless Weaver is making them for Rossi, wonder why Weaver doesn't have a model to fit?
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

It's not a weaver made mount it would be widely distributed if it was. It's a scarcely manufactured part as it has always been on the rare side. Though not as bad as theses days. I wish I had bought one when they were on amazon.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Hombre wrote:Wonder where they're coming from, Rossi themselves, or an aftermarket vendor?

Unless Weaver is making them for Rossi, wonder why Weaver doesn't have a model to fit?
The mounts are made by Rossi, it is a Weaver style mount vs. a Picatinny mount. Weaver and Picatinny are descriptions of the rib spacing along the surface of the mount. Weaver has never made them and I doubt they would.
Michael