Hammer screw bent

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
mcnurlenj

Hammer screw bent

Post by mcnurlenj »

The screw through my hammer is slightly bent. Is there anywhere to get a replacement short of the factory. I searched on google and had no luck. Thanks in advance.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hammer screw bent

Post by Ranch Dog »

mcnurlenj wrote:The screw through my hammer is slightly bent. Is there anywhere to get a replacement short of the factory. I searched on google and had no luck. Thanks in advance.
Not that I'm aware of. If you call them, the should send you one. You sure it is bent? With all the parts that it passes through it can be tough to get stuff lined up.
Michael
johnfrommd

Post by johnfrommd »

I just found this thread as I started to do a Steve's guns fluff and buff on my '92. The hammer screw felt like it was staked in. It would only turn about 90 degrees and then stop. It took me an hour working it back and forth with Kroil. When it came out, it looked like a snake. This is the second bad screw I found in this rifle.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to make one of those long wait phone calls down to Florida. :roll:

John
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

johnfrommd wrote:I just found this thread as I started to do a Steve's guns fluff and buff on my '92. The hammer screw felt like it was staked in. It would only turn about 90 degrees and then stop. It took me an hour working it back and forth with Kroil. When it came out, it looked like a snake. This is the second bad screw I found in this rifle.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to make one of those long wait phone calls down to Florida. :roll:

John
Dang. I just cannot picture what it would take to bend this thick screw and not damage something else. Just out of curiosity have you looked up the manufacture date on your rifle. I bet if everyone could tell us we could identify some kind of trend with the bad rifles.

I also buy other parts after the replacement is settled and get RossiUSA to shipping them free. Mainly, I just don't want to call back for other parts. I always have a list when I call for anything and over the years have a heck of an inventory on hand.
Michael