Size of Dovetail on 92?

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
bandog

Size of Dovetail on 92?

Post by bandog »

Can anyone tell me if the new 92's have a .375 or .390 dovetail ? Getting ready to order the Skinner peep and want to get the right one. I thought I'd remove and check it last night ( left to right ) even put Kroil oil on first, wouldn't budge. I'll try putting in the vise next time.
Mtnfolk75

Re: Size of Dovetail on 92?

Post by Mtnfolk75 »

I have a 2012 year production M92, it is a Stainless .357 with a 16" barrel. I ordered the.390 and was able to fit it with just a little filing. I used a triangular finishing file & it took about 30 minutes of going slow and checking for clearance. I love the Skinner Sight on mine.
" Where my friend Roscoe is not welcome, I shall not trod, for I am not welcome either "

Dusty
Retired CA LEO, USN Vet & NRA Lifer ........
R.Ph. 380

Post by R.Ph. 380 »

bandog wrote:Can anyone tell me if the new 92's have a .375 or .390 dovetail ? Getting ready to order the Skinner peep and want to get the right one. I thought I'd remove and check it last night ( left to right ) even put Kroil oil on first, wouldn't budge. I'll try putting in the vise next time.
They may have used blue or purple locktite on it. Hit it with the torch for just a minute and it should tap right out.
bandog

Post by bandog »

Thanks for the reply, glad to hear you like the skinner.
And I'll try the torch next, always nice to have advise.