Mod Marlin Follower in Rossi 92

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
cutshurt

Mod Marlin Follower in Rossi 92

Post by cutshurt »

Hi all I'm new here ! but not to guns, I have a rossi 92 carbine that I have been workin on, and thought I would share a little info ! I had a steel follower from a marlin rifle that was kicking around my house, and the yellow plastic one in my 92 was bugging me ! so I checked them with a mic and they were almost the same The plastic one was a bit smaller diameter in the front then the steel one we are talkin 5 thousands here, I have a small mini lathe I chucked it up and 5 mins of careful filing and I have a perfect steel follower in my 92 now ... might not have even needed to file any but I wanted to be sure !! Hope this gives a few an Idea or two !!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Mod Marlin Follower in Rossi 92

Post by Archer »

I highly recommend this vendor:
http://thesmithshop.com/magfollow.html

Of course using what you already have is a great idea but when you are looking for a ready to install part and you don't have the tools or raw stock (or a machinist buddy) to make your own.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Archer wrote:I highly recommend this vendor:
http://thesmithshop.com/magfollow.html
Same here, for as little as these cost I would not fool with trying to get something else to work.
Michael
cutshurt

Post by cutshurt »

I have been working with guns and blacksmithing for over 20 years so It was a no brainer for me, but yes they are cheep and easy to get ! as for fooling around getting something else to work ! I like how you think !!! because its guys like you that put money in my pocket ! and guys like smithshop to !!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I don't mind paying a reasonable price BUT prices for the simplest parts CAN get unreasonable really darned fast. I've seen those same mag follower style parts go anywhere from the $8 to $30 and often the most expensive ones are the ones made of plastic or aluminum instead of stainless.
cutshurt

Post by cutshurt »

here's a pic of it installed