Stock care for 92

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
Drew66

Stock care for 92

Post by Drew66 »

Hi, I have a new model 92 and was looking for advice and looking after the wood and possibly making it look a little better, it appears to have no treatment and looks very matt and the grain can hardly bee seen. I would like to preserve it and bring out the beauty of the wood. Any advice is most appreciated.

Many thanks Andrew.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Stock care for 92

Post by akuser47 »

Alot can be done without even removing the stock. I am linking you to my original refinish thread and you will see others that just did it nice and easy. I like tung oil and tru oil it brings out the grain and protects the wood. I also like FROMBY'S tung oil low gloss it has a varnish mixed into it that is what is on my ROSSI 92.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_47/36133 ... oose_.html
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Stock care for 92

Post by pricedo »

I don't mind the dark Brazilian mystery wood look.
My safetyless Amadeo Rossi M92s look like old Winchester originals that have been discovered after sitting around in attics for decades.
I had one chap last fall while hunting in Northern Ontario, Canada remark to me "Can you still shoot those really old Winchesters? Are they safe?, That thing must have cost you a fortune!"
Little did he know that the gun in question was less than 3 years old.........our (Rossi owners) little secret.
You don't see the real old original Winnys with synthetic camo-stripe stocks. :D
I like the legacy look.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA