help reassymbly of model 92 357

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: help reassymbly of model 92 357

Post by joec »

akuser47 wrote:Glad to hear it. They can make you want to pull your hair out but after you do it a few times it gets easier and easier. I have found I cannot wait to get a rossi 92 .45lc as soon as a good deal comes my way. and then tear hear apart and refinish the wood I love that stuff hate the headaches but that is the good now look how good you feel now that you have accomplished this, now most other guns are easy D.I.Y. gunsmithing projects in the future. Keep on smithing the D.I.Y. is dieing off and we need to get all to try. and people like us will help anyone that needs it. Now give us a range report when you get a chance. :D
After this CAS season (November) I want to refinish my stock also. Mine though used the front plate method rather than the loop type since it is octagon barrel. My stock looks good, just a bit to shiny for me.
Joe
Quinc
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Quinc »

Range report! Shot 140gr zingers from MO bullets and they where fast and dead on at 50 yards. The .38 158 DEWC bullets had issues with staying in the chamber. Also the first dozen or so shots my brass was a little mangled around the rim. Finding the brass is a PIA! It throws them like an AK but instead of out in front of you they go right over your head, and where landing a good 8-10 feet behind me. I will post back more info once I get some more time with her. Now I am looking into having it engraved and re-blued. damn money pits.. =)
"Everyone has a plan tell they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I actually envy you...........I love projects !!
How lucky can you get !
Keep poking away..........it will work out.
Next time you work on the same kind of gun it'll be child's play.
All good gunsmiths start as tinkerers.
I'm a chronic tinkerer .........it's obsessive behavior with me.
Might sign up for Tinkerers Anonymous.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA