62SA firing pin removal?

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
JMaslonik

62SA firing pin removal?

Post by JMaslonik »

Hello,
I'm having a bit of trouble removing the firing pin from my Rossi 62SA. I removed all the pins for the extractor and firing pin stop, but I still can't remove the actual firing pin. As you all may know this model has the safety on top of the bolt and I think the safety is holding the firing pin in place. I can't find any info on how to remove the safety? My first thought is to pry it off with a flat head screw driver but I'm afraid to break it.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated and I hope it's not a dumb question. My plan is to send my broken firing pin (tip is broken) to Bob's Gun Shop for a replacement. He is the only place that seems to have them.

Thanks again,
Jordan
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: 62SA firing pin removal?

Post by akuser47 »

If I remember correctly there should be 3 pins removed. Then the firing pin should come right out if safety is removed first. Here is a schematic to look at hope it helps. The safety should lift out if pins are removed then the fireing pin
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufactur ... -39620.htm
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
JMaslonik

Post by JMaslonik »

I did stumble upon that website looking for a firing pin (they are out btw); however, this schematic doesn't show the safety switch that mine has. I already got those 3 pins out.

Thank you for the help though akuser47
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
JMaslonik

Post by JMaslonik »

Thanks for the help guys. I watched youtube of a guy removing his safety from a 92 which is very similar. there is a pin on the side of the bolt that i already had mostly pushed out (so i didn't loose it). Turns out I had to completely pull it out. Watch out, there is a very small ball bearing in there that comes shooting out. After that the firing pin slides right out. Still don't know why there isn't a schematic showing a bolt with the safety but I hope this helps someone else.

Thanks again,