Elevator moving

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
se3388

Elevator moving

Post by se3388 »

OK guys what is the fix for the rear sight elevator not staying put on the M92's in .454?

Steve..............
NRA Benefactor Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life member
USAF Veteran
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Elevator moving

Post by akuser47 »

I've used a dab of silicone on the ramp base to make it tacky on the barrel but this was not on a 92 be careful to check your silicone so that it does not damage blueing. Even using some 3 foam precisely cut on the ramp blade will be tacky and help cushion it to hold.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

after my first range trip with my R92 last February, I ripped the silly rounded edged thing out and replaced it with a nice sharp stepped elevator from a cheap Daisy pellet gun. Problem solved 100%.

Just my personal experience :)

JD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
JimR

Post by JimR »

I had the same problem, The elevator kept moving and dropping the sight down to the bottom step. What I did was put the elevator in a vise and used a small triangle file to file the steps so they sloped down going towards the next higher step. Now the sight will have to be lifted or pryed up before the elevator will move. Touched it up with cold blue and it looks just like factory. I haven't tried it yet but I am sure it will work. This may or may not slightly lower the point if impact to some degree but I can work with that.

JimR