Why replace the ejector spring2

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Why replace the ejector spring2

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

This original thread has been closed but there is a lot of discussion that centers around the purchase of spring kits to address certain issues with the 92. Some are personal needs others are necessity for function. In a nut shell, the original thread, majority did a spring job so brass could be collected easier for reloading. I would venture that the majority of us would agree. What peeves me is spending money for a couple of springs with shipping for something that may or may not work. I would suggest heading over to a good old fashion hardware store, and for 2-3 bucks buy a 4 or 5 pack set of springs of your choice. I did this yesterday, purchased a 7/32 size with a thickness of .020 as well as a pack with a thickness of .028. Attached is a link showing them, the original spring and how much I cut off of the new spring to reduce binding. With this information, if you are inclined to do this, I would purchase a 1" length so no cutting would be required. I really don't like cutting the spring and loosing that last double coil part at the end as I believe it provides strength and stability. http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah1 ... fdec48.jpg
I'm still learning the photo bucket thing. I'm hoping it copied the link just for this single picture and not the whole album,
The spring did what I wanted, leaving the brass at my side.
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Why replace the ejector spring2

Post by akuser47 »

Yep photos are visible on tapatalk anyways. Good info thanks for shareing.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

I purchased the same brand, Century Spring Corp. # C-530. 7/32x1x.020 as suggested in another
thread. Shouldn't need to trim this one.
Now if I ever get around to installing it. Still going through the start-up / learning phase of a new
tablet. I plan on using it to review the video while stripping down the Rossi. Us old farts need all
the visual aids we can get.
Need to pick up some brake cleaner, might as well flush it out at the same time. I will take pics.

Have a great weekend ... Jim
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by donhuff »

Doc,

The thing is with the gunslinger kit, you get a bunch of springs. And they have all been tried and proven in many a rossi. Some of the other springs while not seeming to have as great of an affect as the ejector sping, will all help with producing a very smooth working action. All the stock springs that are replaced by the kit springs, CAN be cut and tried,and if your like me, then cut again, and again, until now it does not work :x

OR get the kit and they all work first try. And while you have all the parts out for spring replacement, polish everything that touches those springs. NOW you'll have a really slick 92.
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by klr »

You need to copy and paste the "IMG" link.

Like this: