New old guy

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

New old guy

Post by Steelbanger »

Hello,
Steelbanger here. I live in the Anthracite Coal mining region of PA although I've never been in a mine. I've been retired from the printing industry for almost 8 years and I enjoy casting bullets, deer hunting, NRA Cowboy lever action silhouette, load development, varmint hunting and smallbore bullseye (fired indoors during the winter). I formerly shot IHMSA and NRA pistol silhouette but then via selling and trading converted all my Contenders into leverguns! I also believe that I have the distinction of holding the record for killing the only coyote in PA using RD's cast 235 gr. 38-55 bullet.

I know Ranch Dog since he ran the Lever Action Postal Matches on the old "Marlin Talk" site. He put his all into those matches and gathered up many prizes to randomly reward to the shooters by drawing names. I was the big winner of the 2006 match as I won a hunt for hogs on RD's ranch. My son and I spent 3 memorable days as Michael's guests, saw much wildlife and my son had the only opportunity for a hog. He used RD's 450 RM and the cast bullet did its job.

Like most sites on the web, I stumbled into Rossi Rifleman by accident and just had to look. Since many former Marlin buyers will now be seeking alternative suppliers of our chosen favorite type of rifles I signed up to learn all I can about Rossi rifles. I am waiting for the delivery of my first Rossi catalog.

Thanks Michael and good luck here. I'm sure this endeavor will be a success.

Frank
Steelbanger, NRA Life
Annual Member PRPA
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New old guy

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good to see you here Steelbanger! I remember your visit very well especially hearing that 450 Marlin speak with Michael at the trigger. That was a very good time and hope you decide to travel to the Southwest one day soon.
Michael