Greetings from WA

Tell us a bit about yourself!
armyRN

Greetings from WA

Post by armyRN »

Greetings.
I'm recently retired from the Army, and have settled down in WA (about an hour north of Portland, OR). One of my most recent rifle purchases was a Rossi model 92 44 Mag in SS with the 16" barrel. Soon after purchasing it I sent it to Steve's Gunz to have him work over the action, install a peep sight, and install a 3/4 big loop. I'm liking it, but it does kick like a mule! I like to travel up into northern Canada and Alaska (way off the beaten path), and feel better having this rifle by my side. And I like the little-bit larger loops for when I'm wearing gloves.

I've also got a Marlin 45-70 big-loop guide gun (which I swear doesn't kick as bad as this little 44 rifle). I'm getting ready to try one of those Ruger 10/22 butt pads to see if that'll help any (on order). Oh; and be careful when googling "butt pads"... just saying. You might want to narrow your search.

Anyways, I always enjoy reading about guns (especially ones I own), so when I found this forum I knew I had to join. I'm looking forward to getting smarter on this little carbine.

zippy
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Greetings from WA

Post by zippy »

Howdy from South Carolina, and welcome to the forum.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome, and thank you sir for your service. +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service. Yeap, the little 92s know how to kick!
Michael