Greetings from Arizona

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Century Limited

Greetings from Arizona

Post by Century Limited »

I must say that I am a gun lover and that I believe that there are many companies that make great guns. As is quite often the case, I tend to favor the ones that I grew up using. I shot my first deer with my dad's Browning lever action. My next several deer were taken with my dad's Winchester 1894. From there I moved on to a Marlin 336 that my great uncle gave to me. All are great guns. As for rimfire, I snagged a Remington FieldMaster 572 at an auction sale, and later a Western field 22 XNH-825 pump action 22LR. Later I felt the need for a Marlin 39A. After 50 years and millions sold, I finally bought a Ruger 10/22. I should not need any more...but more acquired that I will not bother to mention.

Fast forward several years and I walk into LGS and see an (Interarms) Rossi 62SA. That is what led me here. I figured that I would introduce myself and then do a search and possibly make a post to ask questions if not already answered.
GasGuzzler

Re: Greetings from Arizona

Post by GasGuzzler »

Welcome. I need a 39A myself.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Welcome! What's your M92?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum!
Michael
Century Limited

Rossi Interarms 92 SRS.jpg
B92 SRS 92 62SA.jpg
HarryAlonzo wrote:Welcome! What's your M92?
I bought my daughter a Browning B92 44 mag for high school graduation, after which I bought myself reloading equipment so I could more economically reload 44 Special to plink with. I put a Skinner barrel mount rear sight on it but it sits too high and the front sight is one piece soldered on. Later models have a pinned in front blade, but I was not fortunate enough for that.

I bought an Interarms distributed Rossi labeled INTERARMS 92 SRS 38 special/357 magnum. I am confused by it as I thought all were SRC saddle ring carbine. I have no saddle ring, but it is carbine length.

My Interarms Rossi 92SA is currently awaiting Skinner sights and a complete side plate screw as half of screw head on mine is missing but still holding side plate in place.

While I realize that some spell country of manufacture Brazil (with Z) and others Brasil (with S), I find it odd that my 92 is marked with a Z and the 92 SA with an S.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Century Limited

I got ahead of myself and did not thank any of you for the warm welcomes. I also was in hurry when I signed up and failed to post pics of my Rossi's thus far. I feel somewhat guilty that I have only three to date, but will be adding more as time goes on. I did not post picture of matched pair 22LR/410.

I do believe that everyone should own at least one Marlin 39A. As much as people are in love with the Ruger 10/22 and insist everyone should own one, it seems they all modify them so there is not much original left. The 39A is great as made, enhanced by better sights or optics for those of us with not so great vision. I am down to two now as I gave my favorite one - my CENTURY LIMITED to my son. As much as I love it, I love him even more. It is in my safe, so I still get to shoot it.

Sorry if I offend anyone by stating my favorite is not a Rossi. I would not be on here if I did not like the Rossi's. As I age, I am going towards more optic/peep sight ready guns. When I was young, a 92 with factory sights was just awesome. These days I find myself scoping rifles and find side eject with scope on top the way to go. I still find it fun to shoot the open sights, but just can't shoot them nearly as well.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

I believe that you are in a safe place where all gun-hugging is welcome. And as much as we like our Rossi's, I think you'll find us complaining about the shortcomings, too. Nice stable!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
zippy
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by zippy »

Howdy from South Carolina, and welcome to the forum.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Welcome,
I've not managed a 39A although I've got a 9422M and a Henry Octagonal .22 s/l/lr and a Browning BL22.
I'm a bit of a Winchester and U.S. military SA types guy who's branched out a bit to other levers and other firearms as time's gone by.

The saddle ring carbine is a bit of a rarity compared with the number of 20" carbines without the saddle rings.