Greetings from Arizona

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Century Limited

Re: Greetings from Arizona

Post by Century Limited »

Archer, you have some nice guns there. I bought my daughter a BL22 for her first gun when she was about twelve years old. I wanted her to have one that some day she could watch her grandkids admire and enjoy.
I also picked up a 9422 that someone apparently stored in a soft case. There was lots of surface rust and the inner magazine tube was practically stuck in rifle from all the neglect. I cleaned it up nicely and although not a collector by any means, it is a fine shooter. It sports a Lyman 17A front sight and a Williams guide receiver sight, perhaps unconventional for a lever gun, but works great nonetheless.
I do not own a Henry yet, but have handled a few without shooting them. The ones I have handled have had some of the smoothest actions out there. They were clean, and I am unsure how they handle when dirty or how easy to clean. While likely no big deal, I love the takedown of the 39A, not for transport but for ease of cleaning.
I bought my dad a 9422M back in the eighties. I figured it would be a good gun for fox. I don't think he has shot it much as his go to gun is his Belgian Browning BLR 81 IN 243 Winchester that sports a Redfield 3-9 wideview scope. As I age and my eyesight deteriorates, I completely understand why he opts for the scoped rifle.

It looks like we can all enjoy many different 22's regardless of their looks or actions. Fortunately, the ammo is becoming more readily available so I do not have to worry about depleting my supply, which is especially good sine my Skinner sights are due to arrive Friday and I plan on shooting quite a few through my Rossi 62SA.
GerardoG

Re: Greetings from Arizona

Post by GerardoG »

zippye wrote:Archer, you have some nice guns there. I bought my daughter a BL22 for her first gun when she was about twelve years old. I wanted her to have one that some day she could watch her grandkids admire and enjoy.
I also picked up a 9422 that someone apparently stored in a soft case. There was lots of surface rust and the inner magazine tube was practically stuck in rifle from all the neglect. I cleaned it up nicely and although not a collector by any means, it is a fine shooter. It sports a Lyman 17A front sight and a Williams guide receiver sight, perhaps unconventional for a lever gun, but works great nonetheless.
I do not own a Henry yet, but have handled a few without shooting them. The ones I have handled have had some of the smoothest actions out there. They were clean, and I am unsure how they handle when dirty or how easy to clean. While likely no big deal, I love the takedown of the 39A, not for transport but for ease of cleaning.

Those are some nice ones you have there.