Hello everybody...

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Ridgerunner665
Founding Member
Founding Member

Hello everybody...

Post by Ridgerunner665 »

Yeah...its me again... :D

I usually write a big long drawn out intro post...and I started to do it again then I realized I've been perusing the various gun forums for 10 years now. I'm sure many of you are getting bored with my intros, LOL.

I'll spare you folks this time...and just list my Rossi's and tell a little bit about myself...I'm a heavy haul truck driver from the boonies of northeast Tennessee, and at any given time I may be anywhere in the lower 48 states (as I type this, I'm sitting at the Pilot truck stop in Ft. Worth, TX.). There are 4 things I hold near and dear....they are Family, Freedom, Friends, and Firearms.

A Rossi R97104 (4" 357 mag)...I bought this gun for my Dad to keep as a home defense weapon and quickly found that it was lots of fun to shoot...when I can get it away from Dad...it is technically still mine though, LOL.

I also have 2 of the 22/410 youth combo guns...one is mine (they're handy lil rifles), the other belongs to my young son (Christmas present from his Papaw)

Join in, have fun, shoot often, keep it safe...and pass it on (to the kids)
Proud parent of a US Marine....1833 AAV crewman
Moofy07

Re: Hello everybody...

Post by Moofy07 »

Hi, Ridgerunner,
It's good to see you again.
Moofy
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ridgerunner665 wrote:I'll spare you folks this time...and just list my Rossi's and tell a little bit about myself...I'm a heavy haul truck driver from the boonies of northeast Tennessee, and at any given time I may be anywhere in the lower 48 states (as I type this, I'm sitting at the Pilot truck stop in Ft. Worth, TX.).
Ridge, thanks for pitching in with the grunt work on this forum as it is appreciated. How do you keep up with this on the road?

I travel as well and carry a notebook with broadband card plus my DroidX. This might seem a bit strange but about 75% of this site's build was done on that smart phone. To me, it seems amazing that a person can do that.
Michael
Ridgerunner665
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Ridgerunner665 »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Ridgerunner665 wrote:I'll spare you folks this time...and just list my Rossi's and tell a little bit about myself...I'm a heavy haul truck driver from the boonies of northeast Tennessee, and at any given time I may be anywhere in the lower 48 states (as I type this, I'm sitting at the Pilot truck stop in Ft. Worth, TX.).
Ridge, thanks for pitching in with the grunt work on this forum as it is appreciated. How do you keep up with this on the road?

I travel as well and carry a notebook with broadband card plus my DroidX. This might seem a bit strange but about 75% of this site's build was done on that smart phone. To me, it seems amazing that a person can do that.
I have a laptop with me...I have to have it for oversize/weight permits anyway, its much simpler for me to have them emailed to me than it is to try to find a fax machine, pay $2 a page, etc...I can get them anywhere (almost), and any time.

My internet is through Verizon (USB modem, 10GB plan)...I also use it for watching TV, Skype chatting with my wife and kids, paying bills...pretty much everything I do is done from this darn truck, LOL.

I've been busy the last few days, haven't been around much...that happens from time to time...usually with the government loads (DoD stuff)

I haven't jumped on the smart phone band wagon just yet...my son keeps telling me to get one though. I bought him one when he graduated boot camp because they told him its best to have one (and now I understand why)...he keeps up with everything from that phone (pay, CFT scores, PFT scores...everything)
Proud parent of a US Marine....1833 AAV crewman
Warhawk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Warhawk »

Howdy RR, I'm not far from where you wrote that post, near Fort Worth Texas. The Cabelas just north of Fort Worth has a bunch of big truck parking and is right on I--35W, if you ever need to kill a couple of hours.

Welcome to Ranch Dog's new forum.

Jim
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ridgerunner665 wrote:My internet is through Verizon (USB modem, 10GB plan)...I also use it for watching TV, Skype chatting with my wife and kids, paying bills...pretty much everything I do is done from this darn truck, LOL.
That's funny, same service that I use. I need the card on the ranch as well as the road. A lot of this forum set up was accomplished with that Droid!
Michael