Hi from WNC (Western North Carolina)

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Madamn Kitty

Hi from WNC (Western North Carolina)

Post by Madamn Kitty »

Thought this might be a good place for occasional questions, answers, and discussions on on m first gun which will be coming soon (had to order). Though I have had the chance to try a few different types of guns including a bolt action 22 semi-auto, a 308 semi-auto, a 12 gauge mossberg 500 and a 9mm pistol, my budget for now has been near bleak. I have heard allot about people getting a single break-action as their first gun, and found that may be the best I could do for now. I was first looking at the Rossi .410, but found out for even less I could get a Rossi 16 gauge break action.

Rossi Single Shot Shotgun 16 Gauge 28" Barrel 3" Chamber 1 Round Black Synthetic Stock Blued

Needless to say, I have already gotten questioning concerns of what I am getting, even though I have read allot of good thing about 16 gauges, and the ammo is readily available to order and even from a local Walmart (unlike 22 ammo). So with that said, should be getting my first gun soon and hope to get some constructive and positive feedback about the purchase and any questions I may have later on.
zippy
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Hi from WNC (Western North Carolina)

Post by zippy »

Howdy from South Carolina, and welcome to the forum.

Never knew there was a 16 ga.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Welcome.
I have an old Davenport break action 16 g that belonged to my grandfather at my folks home.

I like the 16g and I maintain a shotgun is probably the most versatile of weapons especially considering what you might be doing with them back east they can put any available game from squirrels to deer down, deal with feral animals from weasels and cats to dogs and coyotes and even take bear in a pinch with slugs although I'd not want to use a single shot for the task. A good shotgun is also decent for calming down riots, anti goblin action or keeping the rednecks off the front yard.

That said I don't think I'd exactly recommend a 16 over either a 12 or a 20 simply from an ammo availability standpoint. While you can get it back east at Wally Word (as well as .38 Smith & Wesson/Colt and a number of other otherwise dead cartridges) mail order IS usually the best choice.
Madamn Kitty

Post by Madamn Kitty »

zippy wrote:Howdy from South Carolina, and welcome to the forum.

Never knew there was a 16 ga.
I think it may be out of production, nothing on Rossi page about it, but still being sold through a few online gun stores.

I didn't order mine from this place but here is one store selling it that has a better description than where I ordered.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product ... 5984051.do