Hello from Ohio

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Esel
Founding Member
Founding Member

Hello from Ohio

Post by Esel »

I'm new to the forum and new to the Rossi 92. I just purchased my brand new 92 this month. It came in with some rust on the magazine tube and some marring of the finish. It was disappointing to start my ownership with the Rossi in this way, as I was used to new guns looking like new guns. I decided to keep it because it cycled everything I put into it so well. I took it to the range and it shot very accurately. I managed to fix most of it's issues myself and learned a little in the process. In making a long story short, I now have an appreciation and fondness for this little rifle that's hard to explain. There's nothing like a firearm that has some history behind it and that's made of real steel and genuine wood. I once had a Rossi short barreled pump 22 rifle when I was much younger. And it became my favorite of all. And now, in spite of my origional disappointment, I'm finding this new Rossi growing on me! Anyhow, I'm 61 years old and recently retired. Right now I just target shoot at a number of local ranges and I've been thinking of getting into reloading. I have a love for lever guns. Besides the Rossi, I also own a Marlin 39A. I recently sold my Marlin 1894C, probably a little prematurely, because I just couldn't find any .38 special rounds that would shoot with reasonable accuracy. It shot the 357 magnums really well though. And it was a beauty! I miss it already!

Thanks for the opportunity to be here.

Esel
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Hello from Ohio

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome from a fellow Buckeye. It is fun and addictive I just now got a Ruger Vaquero stainless to round out my old west style guns. Mine are .357 to. I am now looking for a nice holster that doesn't cost a fortune. I went from tactical to yahoo cowboy guns LoL Glad to have you.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Esel
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Esel »

Thanks for the welcome Akuser47. Hope your enjoying your Vaquero. I could see one in my future as well. I just picked up a 357/38/9mm Blackhawk convertible with the 4 5/8" barrel. It has, along with the 92, really gotten me interested in reloading as I seem to be going through ammo pretty quickly. I'm about to bite the bullet on a kit and give it a shot.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

That is great to hear reloading for revolvers is so much easier because you don't have to hunt your brass down :D . even the 92 rifle can be tamed from throwing brass by a new spring from steve's. I now can catch mine and they are no longer getting damaged by the monster spring that was in mine. Those convertable blckhawks are great handguns and if you reload you will find that you will be able to buy different diameter bullets to work better in that gun and obtain more accuracy. alot of people shot slightly larger diam.9mm bullets to better stabalize it in the blackhawk and thus better accuracy. I am using a cheap but trusty and solid lee breech lock single stage press the starter kit is cheap enough. Lee has great customer service. Good luck to you and if you start to reload and have any qeustions we have a subforum for it I will be glad to help as will rancch dog and many others with alot of knowledge on loading and shooting the Rossi's and the like. I love my new revolver and cannot wait to get a rig to show her off in.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Esel
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Esel »

Good luck in finding that perfect rig for your new revolver akuser47. I'm probably heading down that same path! By the way, I took up your offer and am currently formulating a post in the reloading section asking a question or two. You mentioned the same reloading kit that I am interested in. Thanks again!

Esel