Kiwi onboard

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Bad-dog

Kiwi onboard

Post by Bad-dog »

Hi guys, I over looked the members intros :oops: when I first joined the forum.
I live in the Bay of Plenty in the North Island of New Zealand. I've spent most of my life working in the logging industry, mainly felling trees or breaking out for yarders. 2 years ago I decided to study Forestry management, as the body isn't as young as once was. I've hunted all my life- mainly pigs with dogs, and a knife. I've always carried a rifle or shot gun (loaded with slugs) most often I carry a 1895 45/70, just recently I've been carrying a Rossi 44 mag, and I must say I really like it.
I look forward to sharing stories with you all.
Take care
Ian
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kiwi onboard

Post by Ranch Dog »

Bad-dog wrote:Hi guys, I over looked the members intros :oops: when I first joined the forum.
I live in the Bay of Plenty in the North Island of New Zealand. I've spent most of my life working in the logging industry, mainly felling trees or breaking out for yarders. 2 years ago I decided to study Forestry management, as the body isn't as young as once was. I've hunted all my life- mainly pigs with dogs, and a knife. I've always carried a rifle or shot gun (loaded with slugs) most often I carry a 1895 45/70, just recently I've been carrying a Rossi 44 mag, and I must say I really like it.
Take care
Ian
I suspect you have had a interesting life in the great outdoors and I'm glad you took the time to give us the highlights. It is funny how sportsmen all over the world are chasing these crazy pigs! Yeah, those 1895s are a lug was you have picked up the 92. Thanks for the post!
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Bad-dog wrote:Hi guys, I over looked the members intros :oops: when I first joined the forum.
Take care
Ian
I suspect you have had a interesting life in the great outdoors and I'm glad you took the time to give us the highlights. It is funny how sportsmen all over the world are chasing these crazy pigs! Yeah, those 1895s are a lug was you have picked up the 92. Thanks for the post!
4.8 pounds for an undressed/unloaded 16" Rossi 92 vs. 7.5 pounds for a Marlin 1895G.
The shoulder would certainly notice the difference at the end of a long day in the heat.
Rule of thumb: The apparent difference doubles for every 5 years over 50
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Glad to have you. welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

Welcome from Tennessee!
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR