OLD GUY FROM WICHITA

Tell us a bit about yourself!
cpt-t

OLD GUY FROM WICHITA

Post by cpt-t »

Hi: My name is ken I live in Wichita Ks,and I am 68 yrs old and retired. I have had a love affair with Lever Action Rifles and Single Action Pistols my whole life. I use to hunt alot but getting a little old and my walks in the woods arn`t as frequient and not as far. I only have one ROSSI and it is a stainless steel 20 inch round barreled model 92, in 45 LC. I bought the rifle to Cowboy shoot with about 12 or 13 years ago, and have never had one problem with it. It is a real pleasure to carry and shoot, and I have shot it a lot. I am a western history buff but I truely love to shoot and be around people that feel the same way. Thanks for letting me join you. ken
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: OLD GUY FROM WICHITA

Post by pricedo »

cpt-t wrote:Hi: My name is ken I live in Wichita Ks,and I am 68 yrs old and retired. I have had a love affair with Lever Action Rifles and Single Action Pistols my whole life. I use to hunt alot but getting a little old and my walks in the woods arn`t as frequient and not as far. I only have one ROSSI and it is a stainless steel 20 inch round barreled model 92, in 45 LC. I bought the rifle to Cowboy shoot with about 12 or 13 years ago, and have never had one problem with it. It is a real pleasure to carry and shoot, and I have shot it a lot. I am a western history buff but I truely love to shoot and be around people that feel the same way. Thanks for letting me join you. ken
Welcome Ken.
You sound like a real straight shooter.
This is a polite little rest stop on the information highway.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

welcome glad to have another aboard I am just getting back to my roots by wanting the good ol guns levers and sharps rifle and single action pistols I hope to have at least one of each someday.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome! There is something about these little 92's that just beg you to shoot them! Not many of us here but that makes it kind of nice and personable!
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:Welcome! There is something about these little 92's that just beg you to shoot them! Not many of us here but that makes it kind of nice and personable!
Other than the super expensive Italian imports and theTurnbull 92s Rossi is the only company that currently makes a close to "blueprint" JMB model 92.
The Japchesters (Miroku made Winchesters) with their tang safeties and rebounding hammers are not true blue 92s........they call em 92s but they are mechanically different guns.
The silly little toggle safety on the Braztech Rossi 92s can be easily removed and replaced with a peep sight from Steve's Gunz.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

Welcome Ken I think you will be right at home here.. I share your admiration for lever action rifles and single action revolvers.. Ain't nothing finer in my book! I still don't have a Rossi but someday will. Own a couple Marlins levers and a Ruger BH in 45 colt, one of my favorite cartridges..

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

Welcome from TN! Nice little place here to talk Rossi.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
Dan 444
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Dan 444 »

Welcome, Ken, from an old guy in the Adirondack mountains. I don't own a Rossi, but own a boatload of Marlin levers. I'm liking what I hear about the Rossi's, here, so just may have to make a move on one....or more than one!

Dan