Shootin' in Kentucky

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Puddle-jumper
Founding Member
Founding Member

Shootin' in Kentucky

Post by Puddle-jumper »

I've been a Rossi rifle owner now for almost 4 days. Bought my first Rossi, a 92, this past Thursday and
joined the forum that night. I am in central Kentucky near Elizabethtown. I shot 22's as a kid but got to liking
the high powered guns after spending a couple years in the Army. (1957-1959). Spent most of the time in
Germany. Later bought my first 'big' gun, a 243 model 700 Remington for deer hunting and ground hogs,
then a 222 for ground hogs and other varmits. I have other lever guns and bolt actions; decided to check
out a Rossi and bought it. It is a 357-38 special. ( 'Puddle-jumper' comes from flying my ultralights.)

Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Shootin' in Kentucky

Post by 44-40 Willy »

Welcome from about a half hour drive south of the Kentucky stateline! I hope your Rossi is as good as mine have been.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
Puddle-jumper
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Puddle-jumper »

Thanks for the welcome, 44-40Willy,(south of the border), I think my 92 is going to work out fine. I've only shot a few rounds
through it but it seems OK. Action is smooth and firm and at this point I see no need to do anything on it's
innards. I blew it out with a blo-gun then oiled it with Rem-oil. Forgot to mention that I got the stainless
steel with the 20 inch barrel:

_________________--------------
Charles in KY
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Well alright tell your friends less get this rossi revoulution going welcome from a fellow Rossi owner
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!