New Old Guy from Connecticut

Tell us a bit about yourself!
RCG

New Old Guy from Connecticut

Post by RCG »

Greetings to all;

I have been involved with firearms, hunting, and reloading since I got a bolt-action shotgun at the age of 14 (in 1948) and my first rifle (.22 rim fire) two years later. I became much less active upon moving to Ct in 1949 or so. Even though CT has many shooters and hunters, it has always been my perception that it has a fiercely anti-gun and anti-hunting culture.

I recently found a Puma/Rossi/LSI M92 in .44 magnum at a local dealer and I just could not resist it! I have not been so fond of a rifle in many, many years. Right now my hunting partner and I are in the process of looking for some farmers who would be willing to have us make an effort to reduce their resident coyote population.

My current load is 21 gr. of 2400, with a Sierra 210 gr. JHP and a CCI 300 primer. It chronographs at just over 1700 ft/sec and is pleasant to shoot. I figure it will handle anything I am likely to encounter here. I just wish that CT had a feral pig problem, as I would like to "help" with that too, but alas, that is still a few years away.

In any event, I'm glad to be here.
RCG
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: New Old Guy from Connecticut

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome welcome glad to have another aboard.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Old Guy from Connecticut

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome RCG, hope to see some coyote pictures soon!
Michael