Hello from Georgia

Tell us a bit about yourself!
chriskm1968

Hello from Georgia

Post by chriskm1968 »

Hi guys! Glad to see this forum!
I don't have a Rossi right now due to the drought in supply but I did have one 20 years ago, a puma 357 carbine. I always regretted selling that rifle and can't wait to get one again!
I'm a Biomedical Equipment Technician. I did 2 tours in Iraq and another one in Afghanistan as a civilian contractor.
If I had to describe myself at the range Iwould be the guy who shows up wearing shorts and a Hawaiian shirt. I bring the guns the young people have heard and read about but never shot.LOL!
Anyway, Glad to be here!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Hello from Georgia

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome, I am sure if you keep your eyes and ears peeled you can find on. Don't buy on gunbroker without confirming and saveing the e-mail of the company saying they have it in stock. Some of those guys have sold and take your money only to tell you it will be 3 to 6 months. be aware if you interent shop for it. Also what was your fav. weapon as a contractor ak,Fn,AR or just sidearm what was your primary arm and secondary if you don't mind tellin if so no problem? Most of what I have read have a nice arsenal to choose from and great armories and techs to modify. welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Barry in IN
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Barry in IN »

Welcome!
My wife is from GA. Born in Macon and grew up in the southwest part down close to AL and FL. I joined a gun club across the line in AL that a friend belongs to, so I can shoot when down there. I'm usually the guy there wearing Hawaaian shirts and bringing odd guns too (that my friend hasn't seen).
chriskm1968

Post by chriskm1968 »

I carried an m-4 and a beretta 9mm on duty. These would not have been my choice, but I didn't really get much choice. I usually carried nothing on base as to keep a low profile.
I was at at the range about a month ago when some young guys came out all carrying glocks. Very clean cut and polite they wandered down to my table to see what was making the loud boom every now and then.
I let them hold their first model 29 with a 6 inch barrel and let the only female with them shoot it some with some 44 specials that I reloaded. She did really well and outshined the guys( I made them shoot full magnum loads).
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

nice I like to be the odd ball at the ranges around hear. even when it comes to .22 rimfires glad your a part of the group
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
chriskm1968

Post by chriskm1968 »

I always drag out the odd stuff! In recent years I have been seen owning and shooting a S&W 2206 and it's aluminum 422 counterpart. An 70's era Taurus 84 38 special. A Heny goldenboy, A Remington model 5 bolt action with a 24x scope.
Today while shooting the 92, I was carrying a Taurus 441,44 special on my hip. I do tend to get asked about my guns,rather than my grandkids( which i have none)
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome chriskm1968, glad to have you onboard! Election year is a bad time to buy a gun, might have to wait until the end of the year.
Michael