Another New Member

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Jeff H
Founding Member
Founding Member

Another New Member

Post by Jeff H »

If you folks don't mind, I'd like to pull up a seat and join you.
Mostly for listenin' but I have seen a thread or two here to which I had a positive comment to add and thought I'd ask to join you.

I own one Rossi at this time; a 16" '92 in ,357 which challenged my patience a bit at first, but after some determination (stubbornness), we're getting along just fine.

Jeff
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Another New Member

Post by Ranch Dog »

Please join in John, great to have and I would like to hear what it took to whip your '92 into shape!
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Jeff H wrote:If you folks don't mind, I'd like to pull up a seat and join you.
Mostly for listenin' but I have seen a thread or two here to which I had a positive comment to add and thought I'd ask to join you.

I own one Rossi at this time; a 16" '92 in ,357 which challenged my patience a bit at first, but after some determination (stubbornness), we're getting along just fine.

Jeff
I have an identical gun.
It is a sweetheart to shoot.
A complete stripping, washing down of all metal parts with dechlorinated brake parts cleaner & stoning off the burrs and rough spots with one of those fine grained grinding-stone tipped bits you can get at hardware stores for electric drills will work wonders.
The Rossi 92 tune-up DVD from Steve's Gunz will show you how to completely strip & reassemble a 92 with no left over parts :lol: & if you order the kit you might as well do Steves tune-up & replace the heavy spring & plastic magazine follower with the ones that come with the kit.
The brake parts cleaner washing removes all lubricant so re-lube with a good spray on lubricant like Remoil during the re-assembly process.
Next step is dry cycle the action until it polishes itself smooth (50-100 times).
A little initial investment in elbow grease but you'll love your gun afterwards.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Barry in IN
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Barry in IN »

Welcome! From a pretty new guy myself (I guess most of us are fairly new here).
Jeff H
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Jeff H »

Thanks, guys.

I look forward to sharing. Sure looks like the forum is pretty much about the free exchange of information to me.

I have to warn you though, I am not ashamed of what I shoot. I have had a lot of big-name stuff and a lot of what others look down their nose at but I just keep using what I like and what works.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Jeff H wrote:Thanks, guys.

I look forward to sharing. Sure looks like the forum is pretty much about the free exchange of information to me.

I have to warn you though, I am not ashamed of what I shoot. I have had a lot of big-name stuff and a lot of what others look down their nose at but I just keep using what I like and what works.
Welcome to another independent thinker.........join the free thinkers club.........we're few & far between.

The Rossis work......maybe not right away :D , but they work :D .......this notice should be put on each new Rossi box: "Instant shooting gratification. Add elbow grease, a few cuss words :lol: , a love for tinkering & patience."
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA