Transplanted Texan

Tell us a bit about yourself!
kevindsingleton

Transplanted Texan

Post by kevindsingleton »

Howdy! I moved to Pennsylvania about eight years ago, and I'm still trying to adjust to real winter weather, and summers that never quite get warm enough.

I have a Rossi 92 in .44 mag that I'm trying to slick up for general use, including deer hunting and as a tractor gun.

I hope we can get some good conversations going, here, and make this the premier Rossi forum on the web!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Transplanted Texan

Post by akuser47 »

Me to hope this site grows to being a huge resource for all, and to slick up that rossi there is one option I did as well here it is hot link for you.
You can give him a call and he will talk great guy steve can help you out. Welcome from OHio
http://store.stevesgunz.com/index.php?m ... ducts_id=7
Last edited by akuser47 on 22 Feb 2012 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

kevindsingleton wrote:I hope we can get some good conversations going, here, and make this the premier Rossi forum on the web!
Welcome kevindsingleton! That is my hope, that this forum gathers those truly interested in working with the Rossi lineup and making their knowledge available to others. The facts from fiction.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

kevindsingleton wrote:Howdy! I moved to Pennsylvania about eight years ago, and I'm still trying to adjust to real winter weather, and summers that never quite get warm enough.

I have a Rossi 92 in .44 mag that I'm trying to slick up for general use, including deer hunting and as a tractor gun.

I hope we can get some good conversations going, here, and make this the premier Rossi forum on the web!
A multi-phase process that starts at the gun shop with the Rossi Quality Control Team - YOU ! :mrgreen:
I'm real picky & choosy at the store and make sure I check the guns out before the plastic or cash hits the counter.
Next step is a complete stripping a cleaning with dechlorinated brake parts cleaner to purge any rust, dirt, grit, cosmoline, machining cuttings out of the action, ,mag tube & barrel........a not uncommon scenario with new Rossis.
Usually the Rossi gunk is superficial & there is no permanent pitting or corrosion in evidence after the clean up.
Then I take a 3 sided file and a small polishing stone on the end of an electric drill & polish off any burrs and rough spots.
This is a good time to implement the Rossi 92 slick up kit you bought from Steve's Gunz of Texas (excellent).
Then another cleaning & complete muzzle crown to butt plate lube job with Remoil or a similar product.
Then 50-100 action cycles and you'll have a smooth as silk Rossi levergun on your hands.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA