Greetings Members!

Tell us a bit about yourself!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Greetings Members!

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Welcome,
To Radarman and Weetabix
MoMan

Post by MoMan »

Hi Ranch Dog,
Thanks for activating my request for membership.
I poked my head around here, and really like what I have seen so far. I'm hoping to be an active member for a long time.
The site seems like it is loaded with useful information.

MO
MO

Member: Kentucky Regulators G.C./LaSalle Sportsmen's Club/NRA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

You're welcome and thank you for your kind comments. It really is the members that have contributed to the knowledge base that this forum represents!
Michael
fortyniner

Post by fortyniner »

Hi RD and all the members!
Reading through some of your intros has made me feel a bit inadequate, given the achievements of many of you, but at least I share that one important levelling factor - ownership of a Rossi.

Being born and brought up in London I never looked beyond my childhood cap guns and air weapons as there was little or no opportunity to shoot anything more. Later in life I had a few shots at clays but shooting didn't figure in my life until after I retired. Now, living on the southeast coast of England, in sight of France across the channel, I've discovered the joys of rifle shooting. Two of the most important military ranges are right down the road and I now belong to a local rifle club that uses them.

As you may know, firearms ownership here is a heavily regulated practice but if you're an upstanding citizen you can own and use weapons, albeit under fairly restricted circumstances. I guess the urge began with a prolonged visit with friends in Michigan who have a few acres of mixed farmland and woods. The easy attitude to ownership and use there was a revelation but I made use of the opportunity and did a fair bit of plinking and varmint hunting.

You all know how it goes and when I got back from the US I took steps towards getting my own guns. I now own a couple of Gevarm .22s, a Ruger M77 Mark II in .223, a Steyr Mannlicher in .308, and my latest acquisition - a stainless Rossi Model 92 in .38/.357. I picked it up secondhand but only slightly. The previous owner had shot 9 rounds through it! I got for about retail but the deal was sweetened a bit by the inclusion of 100 new brass in .357, 300 158gr bullets, a pound of IMR 4227, and a set of Lee dies including the factory crimp die.

Since I'd got the dies I had to have a press so I got the Classic four-hole turret press with all the doodads. I spotted the link to Lee Loader so I'll be spending some time there as well.

I look forward to exploring the site in the coming weeks and benefitting from the accumulated wisdom here. I also would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas.

John
fortyniner
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome, and I'm pleased to know you are able to enjoy this wonderful sport of shooting as well. You will fit right in here so no worries there :lol: . We have a member from Germany a few from Australia as well, and I'm sure others I am missing for my poor memory. Welcome to the forum. +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum fortyniner! It is never to late and it looks like you are doing quite well. You will always find someone hear who is ready to discuss shooting and reloading.
Michael
fortyniner

Post by fortyniner »

Thanks guys.
Just as a matter of interest the club I belong to (Lydd Rifle Club) also owns a Rossi 92 identical to the one I've bought. I only found out after I'd seen, researched, and bought mine but I've since shot the club gun and it performs beautifully. So far I've only put .38 specials through it but when I get round to loading my own .357s I'll try a comparison with it and my gun. Obviously the club gun's had quite a few rounds through it so is well broken-in.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Welcome,
I'm enjoying my Rossi guns and I need to get my reloading going in high speed.
Hopefully you'll have a similar experience to mine so far.
W84EM

Post by W84EM »

Thank you Ranch Dog creating this site. Like you and many others, I have a keen interest for lever guns but didn't know much about Rossi so this site has really helped! I'm an aviator but never flew for any carriers but did fly some charters and sold planes for a while. I've gotten pretty good at flying a desk the past 24 years!

I don't deer hunt but have a passion for duck hunting so send some mallards back up north of Dallas if I miss 'em this season! : )