Greetings Members!

Tell us a bit about yourself!
al1460

Re: Greetings Members!

Post by al1460 »

Hello all,

Al here from N. Idaho, a transplant from south and west of here. Grew up farming in the Sac. Delta. Started hunting and shooting at age 10 on my dads ranch, began reloading at 17 and have continued to date.
Moved to N. Idaho Jan. of 05. Love the area and plan on staying until the next life. Currently driving a big rig for employment, in order to support my sporting interests.
This is a great site and I really have found a wealth of info on the Rossi 92, mine is a 45 colt blue steel 20" round barrel.
After reading many posts on how to smooth up the action and clean up the sharp edges I under took the project, completing the job yesterday. These are the things I did. Smooth all internal parts,remove the knife edges from the loading gate, replace the plastic follower with one made from a 348 win case w/ a 45 acp slipped inside, remove the ugly dark whatever it is stain from the wood and replace it w/ Johnson's paste wax.
Smooth the edges of the fore arm and open up the channel that the mag tube slides into in the forearm, polish the inside of the mag tube. I also changed the color of the metal from the original bluing to a cast iron grey,by using a can of high temp engine block paint. I know I'm cheap, but look on the + side no problems handling the metal as the paint protects it better than the bluing, and touch up on scratches is easy.
Good shooting to all.
Al1460
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice sounds gtg
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Cool.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum Al!
Michael
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I've had a hankering for a lever gun for a while. I chose the 16" .357 R92 because:
- I like the way 16's handle,
- .357 seems like a good caliber for my daughters and wife to shoot,
- .357/38 is pretty cheap to shoot
- there seemed to be a lot of information available on making the rifle yours. I think I saw a sig line here that says something like, "A rifle isn't truly yours until you've voided the warranty." That sums up my attitude pretty well on most things.

I love this rifle. It's quite fun to shoot.

I've been shooting for about 15 years. I have an accumulation of foreign WWII era milsurps and of .22 rifles.

The kids and I like to go to the range.

I'm a ham radio newbie.

Civil engineer.

This looks like a great forum. I'll probably lurk and read old stuff for quite a while before I feel up to making any (hopefully) meaningful posts.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Good to have you.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Weetabix wrote:I've had a hankering for a lever gun for a while. I chose the 16" .357 R92 because:
- I like the way 16's handle,
- .357 seems like a good caliber for my daughters and wife to shoot,
- .357/38 is pretty cheap to shoot
- there seemed to be a lot of information available on making the rifle yours. I think I saw a sig line here that says something like, "A rifle isn't truly yours until you've voided the warranty." That sums up my attitude pretty well on most things.

I love this rifle. It's quite fun to shoot.

I've been shooting for about 15 years. I have an accumulation of foreign WWII era milsurps and of .22 rifles.

The kids and I like to go to the range.

I'm a ham radio newbie.

Civil engineer.

This looks like a great forum. I'll probably lurk and read old stuff for quite a while before I feel up to making any (hopefully) meaningful posts.
Sounds like you'll fit right in. If you ever plan on Hamvention in Dayton let me know we'll try to meet up and talks guns and radio. Curt KC8STE

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum Weetabix!
Michael
Radarman

Post by Radarman »

Hey Folks! New member here. Not an aviator, but spent the last 40 years in the Marines and Boeing in Air and Missile Defense. Retired Marine and soon from Boeing. Avid shooter and reloader. Have Winchester and Marlin lever guns and getting a Rossi 92 for my 65th Birthday next week. Looking forward to learning as much as I can about the 92.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum!
Michael