Greetings From Central California

Tell us a bit about yourself!
TearDropFan

Greetings From Central California

Post by TearDropFan »

Hello everyone,

I ran across this forum as I searched for information on the Taurus Circuit Judge .410/.45LC. I am not completely new to guns - just new to the Taurus/Rossi line. I am not a re-loader, but may have to start if I purchase the Circuit Judge and plan on practicing much with the .45LC!

I am 66 years old. 13 months ago I had to have 15 vertebrae fused and a lot of hardware screwed into my back (T2 to L4), if that means anything to anybody. I still am looking forward to about another year of recovery. I can't handle a heavy recoil as I am a 'lefty' with rifles and a rib is missing on that side. I am looking for a lightweight Carbine with a 'pretty good' punch for a home defense gun and varmint shooter that my wife could handle easily also. A local gun dealer advised that we take a look at the Circuit Judge and so far I like what I've seen. We live in the foothills and there are a lot of critters up to no good (two and four legged) - gophers, snakes, pot growers and ground squirrels. With all the Medical Marijuana cards thrown about this State, home invasions are becoming much more frequent!

Well, thank you for allowing me to 'vent' and be a part of this fine forum.

Sincerely, Clyde
"I wanna hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations that I've traveled to. But first, I'm gonna have to travel to the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down."
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Greetings From Central California

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome Cylde and glad you found us. You might find favor with some cowboy action loaded ammo as far as recoil goes and that will do anything you need done. I love the 45LC but I do wish they made a straight 45LC rifle with the appropriate length cylinder rather than accommodating the shotshell. That is a quite a bit of freebore for the bullet to span.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome to the group.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Greetings & welcome.
At this rate the "little group" won't be so little in a few months.
Love the way the group is so congenial & mutually respectful of each other............quite refreshing..........like a polite little lawn party........hope it stays that way.
The roughhousers & bullies haven't noticed us yet..........knock on wood. :D
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:The roughhousers & bullies haven't noticed us yet..........knock on wood. :D
I figure we tend to get beat up elsewhere over our firearm interest and it is nice that it will not happen here. They will be here sooner than later but will be quick to figure out I really have a short fuse.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Ranch Dog wrote:
pricedo wrote:The roughhousers & bullies haven't noticed us yet..........knock on wood. :D
I figure we tend to get beat up elsewhere over our firearm interest and it is nice that it will not happen here. They will be here sooner than later but will be quick to figure out I really have a short fuse.
So ranch dog will bite( LoL ) I am play I am glad to be a part of this and am spreadin the word amongst the other forums as I can. carefully You have biult it and now they come
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
TearDropFan

Post by TearDropFan »

Thank you all for your Warm Welcome!

Clyde
"I wanna hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations that I've traveled to. But first, I'm gonna have to travel to the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down."