FS: '92 .44 mag. 20"

BST Rossi Firearms between members. No commercial sales! Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts. All listings must:
  • Be offered by the owner of the item.
  • List the specific item(s) up for sale.
  • Include your asking price & shipping conditions.
  • Not include any links other than image links.
  • Not be a commercial sale.
These additional rules apply:
  • This section of the forum is not a discussion forum, it is simply a Buy, Sell, Trade, or Pay It Forward posting.
    • Discussions are to be related only to the conditions of the transaction, between the poster and participant.
    • Discussions outside of the specific transaction will be deleted without notification.
    • If you have a suggestion or a comment with no intent of participating in the transaction, use the appropriate PM or email link and send the user a message.
  • Listings that are noted as sold or completed will be locked.
  • All ads will be auto-pruned [removed] 90 days after the last post. The "Bump" feature at the bottom of the page, if available, can be used to keep the listing active. "Bump" is available after 7-days of inactivity.
  • Pruned ads can be relisted.

FS: '92 .44 mag. 20"

Postby mrcabinet » 18 Sep 2017 16

Up for sale is a mdl.92 2o" .44 mag that I bought brand new last April as a "fun" project. I have done pretty much everything you could want to do to a 92. The action, including trigger, has been gone through. The awful buckhorn rear sight was replaced with a Skinner peep. The stock has been modified to more of a '94 style with the top rounded over instead of square (doesn't smack the cheek bone anymore!), the metal buttplate replaced with a 3/4" Kick Eez pad, one of my homemade recoil reducers installed in the stock, all protected with 18 coats of exterior semi-gloss polyurethane. Way under 100 rounds through it - just enough to verify that it loves 240 gr. JSP's over 22.5 of 4227. This no longer snaps like a .44 - more like a .357 now.

You would be hard pressed to find a nicer 92. It's a great, fun shooter. The only reason I'm selling it is to fund another project. I have $600 in gun and parts invested, so that's what I'm looking to get out of it, plus shipping to your FFL. All the stock work and labor I put into it is free!

mrcabinet

My Rossi Choice: M92

Re: FS: '92 .44 mag. 20"

Postby TinMan » 18 Sep 2017 21

Nice rifle. Good luck with the sale. :arrow:
Between Fort Worth and Waco

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."

NRA Endowment Member
TinMan
Supporter
Supporter

My Rossi Choice: M92

Return to Rossi Firearms