Looks like Taurus is making an offer for Freedom Group

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Looks like Taurus is making an offer for Freedom Group

Post by joec »

If they did they would get Marlin, Remington, Bushmaster.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013 ... by-taurus/
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Looks like Taurus is making an offer for Freedom Group

Post by Ranch Dog »

It will be interesting for sure. Can't do any worse to the companies under the control influence of the Group. May be the would merge Marlin and Rossi into "Mossi".
Michael
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Steelbanger »

You started this RD,

How about Marssi (Marcy) or Roslin (Roslyn)? I guess either would be alright unless you call those names out in your sleep which could lead to marital problems. Honest honey, they're guns I was calling for.
Steelbanger, NRA Life
Annual Member PRPA
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Steelbanger wrote:You started this RD,

How about Marssi (Marcy) or Roslin (Roslyn)? I guess either would be alright unless you call those names out in your sleep which could lead to marital problems. Honest honey, they're guns I was calling for.
I like it!
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Reality check.......throw the rose tinted glasses in the garbage pail and read on.
The guns aren't going to turn into hand built, hand fitted Westley-Richards or Purdeys no matter who takes over if they are to remain in the same price bracket.
Meticulous QC and hand fitting & finishing processes are very labor intensive and expensive and if gun makers don't make a profit for their share holders they don't stay in business.
We don't need any more ultra expensive, specialty class leverguns........that marketing niche is well represented by the Italian clones, the Turnbulls and the Miroku Winchesters.
Many of us can't afford to drop $1500 - $5000 and up on a single levergun pretty as it might be and if it weren't for Rossis & Remlins we'd still be flogging our old Lee Enfield tree-o-trees.
If Rossi stays the same we can still get a decent historical era levergun for $400 - $600 if we're prepared to do the labor intensive hand fitting & finishing ourselves.
I don't want the new owners making Rossi into another reseller of financially unreachable specialty guns like Winchester did with their product line after their stateside factory closed its doors in 2006.
**I for one want to keep the current Rossi manufacturing paradigm of nonexistent QC and total absence of hand fitting & finishing (but they could redesign the forearm so the wood and metal fit properly for no extra unit production cost and fire "Popeye") and the cheap price tag..........they go hand in hand.
A thorough pre-purchase inspection and a well stocked tool kit are prerequisites to having a positive Rossi experience.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA