Thanks for update in forum.

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Gabby

Thanks for update in forum.

Post by Gabby »

I asked a question a few weeks ago about how to thank another members post. I was given a great answer.I was told that as of the time of my post that option was not available. I was told that the best way to show appreciation was to post a reply and persoally thank them.I found this anserw was very adequate and I should not be so lazy too put my own effort in to show my appreciation. Then a few days later I was notified that a new way of thanking posts had been added. I appreciated this but really I liked the first reply meaning keep it persaonal. However with the rushed times we are in, this new format allows more time to look at and reply to more topics. I have a new question, does this forum have any way to spellcheck a post. I don't spell the greatest and as I was scrolling down to submit a post I saw an option to review it, I was hopeing to find a spellcheck devise, I don't think its there. Any thoughts on this, I am computer stupid there maybe a way to do it on my computer without leaving the forum site any help out there.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Thanks for update in forum.

Post by Ranch Dog »

No problem on adding the "Thanks" feature but adding a spell checker is another story as none are available for phpBB. Even commercial forum software no longer have this feature as everything is now browser based on your PC. The most common is ispell. It is easy to download, install, and use.

Posted via Tapatalk!
Michael
Gabby

Re: Thanks for update in forum.

Post by Gabby »

Thanks so much for the reply. I will see if my wife can help me she's the educated one.