Good article in todays local news paper on guns in Kentucky

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Good article in todays local news paper on guns in Kentucky

Post by joec »

Interesting article with a link to it below. There is a quote though that I found somewhat surprising knowing a number of people from Texas.
The FBI the routine CCDW checks with checks related to gun sales, which increases Kentucky's figures compared to other states. There were more than 2.5 million firearms background checks in Kentucky in 2012, about a million more than Texas, the state with the second largest numbers, according to data provided by the FBI.

Article is http://www.kentucky.com/2013/01/19/2482 ... ar-in.html
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Good article in todays local news paper on guns in Kentu

Post by Ranch Dog »

Not surprising as the fine folks of Kentucky have a lot in common with Texas and had a lot to do with it becoming a Republic.
Michael
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Ranch Dog wrote:Not surprising as the fine folks of Kentucky have a lot in common with Texas and had a lot to do with it becoming a Republic.
True by you probably have more people in Houston and Dallas than live in the whole state of Kentucky. I think the last census said Kentucky had about 4.5 million people. Now I'm from Miami Florida and that has 4.5 million in Miami, up the east cost a few mile to W. Palm Beach with most of them on South Beach on the week ends. :D
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Great numbers! That would not count purchases made by conceal carry license holders either. We have half a million CHL holders here in Texas and the phone call isn't made when those individuals purchase a firearm. I bought a dozen firearms last year so those calls where not recorded in the tally generated by the ATF.
Michael
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Ranch Dog wrote:Great numbers! That would not count purchases made by conceal carry license holders either. We have half a million CHL holders here in Texas and the phone call isn't made when those individuals purchase a firearm. I bought a dozen firearms last year so those calls where not recorded in the tally generated by the ATF.
Here either RD the state runs it after a person has a CCDW license here, oh and no finger print. Now Kentucky does do periodic checks on all CCDW license holders. The only ones that go through the Federal system are those buying guns with out CCDW license. Oh and the FBI evidently keeps track of the number of concealed carry permits at least as to numbers. No state license required at all for open carry in Kentucky at all, only a background check when buying a gun through a gun shop.
Joe
mlw270win

Post by mlw270win »

Like one of the comments below the article said "The only industry the Prez Obama has helped"!