Happy New Year!

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Happy New Year!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Happy New Year members! I hope 2012 finishes well and I wish you the best in the coming year.

I want to thank each of you for helping put Rossi-Rifleman on the map! I do think that the Rossi-Rifleman is filling a void that was needed, I know it has helped me understand and enjoy a product that I never appreciated. It has been a different year for me to be sure as I have not held a single Marlin in hand during the the long Texas deer season. I actually had intended, prior to the start of the season, to hunt with either of my Rio Grande's but found favor with the R92 scouts. I'm really pleased with my venture into this series of rifles.

As far as my new year plans as a "Rossi Rifleman", I will probably do a little more trimming of the brace of firearms I own. I've got a couple of Marlins that I will move and probably my R92 chambered in 357 Mag and my Wizard. I have a Scout copy of the R92 and the Wizard was simply something to play with. I also have a number of Taurus handguns that served a purpose of developing cast bullet designs but are not being shot so I need to weed my way through them.

Though my bullet mold business is closed, I will continue to work with Lee to see the bullet designs brought forward as cataloged molds. I have one design that I'm working on for the 38-55 Win, a TLC380-250-RF and since acquiring the 454 Casull R92, I will probably look into something specific for it. The Casull is an interesting cartridge for the cast bullet shooter and I feel a bullet designed for the 45 Colt, like my TLC454-290-RF, is a compromise because the leade, step, and throat is different than the 45 Colt. These characteristics will have to be properly fitted to capitalize on the performance offered by the cartridge's 65.0 KPSI Pmax. Normally, this cartridge would be loaded to about 57.0 KPSI to contain the pressure standard deviations within the Pmax and that is oven treated lead country. I think I can conquer 48.0K PSI with water quenched bullets and from there start to inch up on the limit. It will give me something to work on this year so that I have not spending all my money on gun purchases! It will require a R92 454 Casull specific bullet.

I have a daughter and a son getting married this year and another grandchild in the "oven", all out of state. There are some plans in the works to bring the "mother to be" back to Texas and the ranch specifically to insure a proper birthright to the future. Only a Texan can understand this.

The rest of the year should be the same as other years as the land doesn't change, just the seasons. I'm up to 67 hogs for the year, 53 of them with the Rossi rifles! I thought I was going to add another last night but the big boar out foxed me. He obviously knows me so the game has to change just a bit. A big fellow pushing 300#. I've been working him for about 3 weeks off and on now. The least I have killed in a year during the last 8 years (when I started keeping a record) was 52 hogs total. That is a bunch of hogs!

Happy New Year Riflemen!
Michael
janoosh

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by janoosh »

A very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to one and ALL. From a very jealous NYer. Hogs here are now shoot on sight as an Invasive species. Somebody let some go in western NY.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

janoosh wrote:A very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to one and ALL. From a very jealous NYer. Hogs here are now shoot on sight as an Invasive species. Somebody let some go in western NY.
Once they get a foot hold, they are bad news.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

heppy new year to you as well R.D. and the others on this site everyone be safe out there. Also thank you again for this wonderful site :D
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Dan 444
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Dan 444 »

RD and all,

Merry Christmas and happy New Year to all. This site has a great bunch of members and I wish you all the best for 2013!

Janoosh, where you from in NYS... I'm in Franklin County. I haven't seen any hogs here, but hear that they are prolific over in Peru NY which is only a 45 minute drive from me. It's inevitable, they're headed this way. Well, haha, the 444 is up to the job.....RD 290gr. & 300 gr. pushed by very stout (Marshall Stanton, Beartooth Bullets, and Ranch Dog type pushing) loads are waiting +guns . Bring 'em on....this old, broken-down, obsolete F4 driver is looking for some kills...plus some good eatin'.

Dan
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Dan 444 wrote:this old, broken-down, obsolete F4 driver is looking for some kills...
F4 huh?
Michael
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by ironhead7544 »

Happy New Year from SW GA! Hope everyone adds some new guns and will include some Rossi rifles in 2013.
Pepe Ray
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Pepe Ray »

Dan (444)
Would that be a Chance-Vaught F4U ???
Pepe Ray
Salvation is ONLY through JESUS.
Freedom is ONLY through ETERNAL VIGILANCE and SACRIFICE.
Dan 444
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Dan 444 »

F-4B_VMFA-314_1968.jpg
F-4B Phantom.......this one is not mine, but one like it...........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice, did you stay in aviation?

Posted via Tapatalk while hunting!
Michael