Moving day

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

Moving day

Post by Steelbanger »

My son Mike has finally settled on a small farm and this week was moving time. Actually we started last week using both his truck and mine. The new place is just over 20 miles from my house. We moved a pretty good amount of the contents. Tuesday the movers started to empty the house in mid-morning and they were all finished with the move by early afternoon. Was I ever glad to see them professionally moving all the heavy items!

Mike lived in a rented house for six or seven years and all that time he maintained a feeding station for anything that wanted to eat. Many deer, squirrels, skunks, raccoons, foxes and all types of birds were frequent visitors. Every summer he hosted more hummingbirds than we had ever seen in one place. There were always 20-25 buzzing around his many feeders. Mike also put a lot of his heart and $ into that home and his landlord was most appreciative. The landlord showed up during the move and was almost in tears. First thing he did was shake Mike's hand and tell him that this was a sad day.

So now we have a new place to hunt. One of the new neighbors said that this farm is the best farm in the county for deer hunting. We'll see next year. My beagle is waiting to get the call for a rabbit hunt soon.
Steelbanger, NRA Life
Annual Member PRPA
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Moving day

Post by akuser47 »

congrats glad to hear it was a smooth transition.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Quinc
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Quinc »

Very cool! Sounds like an awesome place. I just bought a home in the city with the rest of the yuppies. Going from my nearest neighbor being 100 yards a way and no street lights to a cramped suburbia. :(
"Everyone has a plan tell they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the report Frank, I think it will be nothing but good times for you and your son!

Well Quinc, may be you can get those yuppies sorted out. God knows we need someone to do it!

Sad day on the ranch. My wife's youngest son and girlfriend where visiting overnight. They are moving from TX to MN where she has been accepted into medical school. My wife is having a tough time as her and her son have always been close.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Sorry to hear that my stepsister lives in montana and my step mom and her are very close. Hey look at it like this now once they get settled in montana. You'll have an excuse to fish and go on hunting trips there. My dad loves fishing in and around the mountains of montana.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
janoosh

Post by janoosh »

Good to hear all went smooth. I moved in August and I still have Boxes unopened. Can't seem to find my micrometer either!