Cabela's Guts Veteran's Discount Program

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
North Idaho Shooter

Cabela's Guts Veteran's Discount Program

Post by North Idaho Shooter »

I just found out yesterday that Bass Pro Shop (now parent company of Cabela's) has gutted the Veteran's Discount Program, while the Program has reportedly been continued unchanged at Bass Pro Shop stores. This is apparently a recent decision, as I received a Veteran's Discount less than a month ago.

Some of you may remember that Cabela's tried this some years ago, and it did not go well for them. They ended up returning the Veteran's Discount Program.

I would suggest that ALL veterans contact Cabela's (through e-mail) as I have, and voice their displeasure over this change.

Thank you.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Cabela's Guts Veteran's Discount Program

Post by akuser47 »

I thought they were only scrapping the discount on guns and ammo. Sad so sad
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

I stopped by cabelas in Lexington KY, i believe on the 15th of this month.
I had an appt at the VA hospital, so afterwards i usually stop by and have a look around.
I picked up a #25 lb bag of magnum shot, bag of starline 44 special brass and a box of HSM 44 mag bear loads.
Got to the cashier and pulled out my military ID, cashier said, we just changed our policy, no more military discounts for anything related to firearms, reloading, shooting,etc.
So I made my last trip to cabelas.
Next time i will stop by sportsmans warehouse and see if they still give military discount.
sportsmans warehouse usually has more reloading inventory anyway, and better prices
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Lowe's has a veteran discount program, 10%, that many don't seem to know about. You fill out a form at Customer Service, they activated my discount immediately. You must check out with a person, not self-checkout. They use the phone number you give them. I use their card which is an additional 5%.
Michael