New Rifle coming!

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

New Rifle coming!

Post by Steelbanger »

Good morning fellows,

It's early Saturday morning and I'm getting ready to box up a package to send to Oregon, The box contains a 223 Remington T/C Encore barrel heading to JES Reboring which will change it into a 38-55 WCF rifle.

It will only take about three weeks total, including the two cross country trips. Maybe it will be ready to humt with during our early antlerless season in mid-October. This season only lasts for three days, if my eyes are recovered enough to fire it after cataract surgery which I am half way through as of todays date. If not then surely my eyes should be ready during the general deer season in December.

And now starts the waiting.

Frank
Steelbanger, NRA Life
Annual Member PRPA
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Rifle coming!

Post by Ranch Dog »

I hope you surgery repair continues to improve. Just got my M94 35/30-30 back from JES three weeks ago. 18 days total from day sent to day received. You have turned into a die hard 38-55 Win guy!

I thought I would have had the rifle refinished by now but just too many on going projects on the ranch. I did get the barrel drilled and tapped for the Redfield Jr. scout mount and I'm about 60% done on prepping the stock set for refinishing.
Michael